That trip we took in Mexico

It's been about a week since Ross very publicly admitted to liking me, and surprisingly, things haven't changed much.

That frustrates me.

We both know that we like each other, and we act a little differenty around each other (obviously), but Ross hasn't done anything. He hasn't even told me what he wants. We just avoid talking about the whole thing!

Now it's time to go to Mexico and I'm not really sure where I stand with him.

"We're going to Mexico, we're going to Mexico!" Rydel says into her GoPro.

"Do you ever go somewhere and not take that thing?" I ask, gesturing to the mini camera.

"Absolutely not! These are memories, people!" She exclaims. I laugh an take a look around. We're sitting in the airport wait area, waiting to board the plane. Everyone's off doing something- Rydel is talking to a camera, Riker is on his iPad doing who knows what, Ross is fiddling on his phone, Ryland is.... Well being Ryland- but we can't seem to locate Rocky and Ratliff.

As always.

I take this golden opportunity to try to talk to Ross.

"Hey." I say, sitting next to him. He looks up from his phone and smiles, taking out his headphones.

"Hey. What's up?" He asks. I sit down on the seat next I him and fiddle with my hands.

"I was wondering if we could talk-"

"Now boarding flight 767 to Cancun. Flight 767 to Cancun." The announcer says, cutting me off.

Really? They had to say that now?

"You know what, we can talk later." I smile. He nods and we pick up our stuff.

"WAIT! WAIT!" I hear a familiar voice yell. I turn around and see Rocky and Ratliff running towards us. "You almost left us behind." Rocky pants into Rydel's camera. I giggle and roll my eyes. They were probably off doing something idiotic anyways.

Once we get situated in the plane (me beside Rydel and Riker in the window seat part, Ross, Ryland, Rocky, and Ratliff in the middle part, the Stormie, Mark, Cheryl, George, my mom, and my dad taking up two window sections on the other side), I begin to pull out my sleeping stuff. Rydel looks at me and laughs.

"What? It's a 5 hour flight and I'm a sleeper!" I defend myself as her and Riker dissolve into a fit of giggles. Well then.

About an hour into the flight, I wake up again. I can fall asleep on the plane no problem. It's staying asleep that I have a little difficulty with. I look over at Ross, who's goofing off with Ryland and Ratliff. I head up over to Rocky's seat, which is on the end. I poke him.

"Huh?" He says looking up. I motion for him to get closer. When Rocky and I are inches apart, I see Ross glance at us from the corner of my eye.

Aw he's jealous. How cute.

"Can we switch seats for a few minutes? I need to talk to Ross." I beg. Rocky sighs and stands up.

"Fine, I suppose." He gets up and squishes between Rydel and Riker, leaving me and the second youngest Lynch boy somewhat alone. Ryland and Ratliff are too busy being themselves to worry about what Ross and I are doing.

"What was that about?" He asks, nodding his head at his older brother. I wave my hand.

"I told him to switch seats with me because....... we need to talk." I say, fiddling with my hands. Ross puts his Beats down on his lap and swivles slightly so he's almost facing me.

"Ok. Talk." He says. I laugh.

"Ok. The video." I start and Ross smiles.

"Yeah, what about it?" He asks. I shift my eyes side to side and laugh a bit.

"Ross, you basically told me you liked me." I reply. He scratches the back of his neck and pulls out his phone. He scrolls a bit then smirks at me.

"Yes, I did. And I distictly remember getting this," he shoves his phone in my face and I see that three word text that I sent him. "In return. So ha." He gloats and locks his phone.

"Ok, so what does this mean?" I ask.

"What does what mean?"

"You know, we like each other and stuff...... people who like each other tend to do stuff...... with each other....." I trail off nervously. I've never felt so nervous around Ross before.

He looks down at his hands. "Listen, I don't even know if I have time for a relationship right now..... It's just with Austin and Ally and the tour, it wouldn't be fair to you if we started dating and couldn't actually spend couple time together." He says.

"Then why'd you even start this whole thing?" I ask, sort of annoyed.

"I wanted to let you know how I feel." He says.

I look down. This sucks. I thought that we could be something together now that we both admitted to liking each other. But apparently Ross doesn't want that.

As if sensing my disappointment, Ross runs his hand down my thigh and takes my hand. "But did you know that you make my heart beat widly just by sitting close to me? Did you know that it completely melted my heart when you sent that text?" He whispers in my ear.

"You sure know how to make a girl blush, Ross." I say. He chuckles and kisses right behind my ear, making my face heat up like a house on fire.

"Hey, are we switching-" Rocky starts, leaning over Rydel and spotting me and Ross. "Oh. Nevermind. I'll just sit here." He leans back into the seat and Ross and I laugh.

"So, Courtney Elizabeth Fitzgerald, will you have a thing with me?" Ross asks. I roll my eyes.

"I would be honored."

I, Courtney Fitzgerald, have a thing with Ross Shor Lynch. This just got interesting.

-

"Ok spill." Rydel says, laying down the towels on the beach. I know Rydel's been itching to talk about me and Ross since the second we landed. We landed 12 hours ago. She must be dying.

"Spill what?" I ask, playing dumb. She rolls her eyes.

"Don't think I didn't see that on the plane. The hand holding." She nudges me. "The kissing." She grins and I roll my eyes.

"Please Rydel. That was one kiss. And it wasn't even on the lips." I reason.

"But it was behind the ear. Perhaps even more romantic." She raises her eyebrows. "Does this mean you're going out now? Are you a couple? Is Rossney happening?" She asks in one breath.

I look over at Ross, who's shirtless and running on the beach with Rocky, Ratliff, Riker, and Ryland. His back is to me and I can see his muscular back. His very muscular back.

As if he senses me staring at him, he turns around and starts doing a "sexy" dance. His tongue is half way out his mouth and he's running his hands all over his chest. "That's hot!" I yell and he laughs and makes a heart with his fingers.

"I guess you could say me and Ross have a thing. We've acknowledged that we both like each other, but we're not officially going out." I tell Rydel, running a hand through my hair.

"Well that sucks." Rydel says. She wants us together- badly. All of them do. I'm pretty sure they started the Rossney ship. Crazy kids.

"Yeah, I know, but Ross doesn't have time for a relationship, nor do I think he actually wants one." I sigh. Rydel looks down. "Rydel, what did you do?" I ask. She sighs.

"I may have told him it was ok not to ask you out after admitting his feelings." She says in a high voice.

"Rydel!" I whine.

"Sorry! I didn't think he'd actually take my advice. I thought it was the only way to get him to admit that he likes you!" She defends herself.

"I don't know. I told him I was fine with this, but I don't think I am. I mean, when I like a guy, I want a relationship. Not a thing." I tell her. She nods.

"I wouldn't know." Rydel mutters. I pat her arm.

"Don't worry, you'll find your guy." I assure her. As if on cue, a football lands right between our chairs. I lean down to pick it up and when I sit up again, I see two very attractive guys standing in front of us. Rydel is almost drooling. "Hi." I say. One of them smiles.

"Hey. I'm Ethan and this is Dylan." He gestures to himself and the walking Hollister model next to him. They're both, tall, lean, sandy haired and tanned. Sweet Jesus they're so good looking.

"I'm Courtney and this is Rydel." Dylan cant keep his eyes off my blonde best friend right next to me. They're just staring at each other.

"Hey Courtney." Ross appears next to me and kisses my cheek. Ethan looks taken aback.

"Um, what are you doing?" I mutter to Ross.

"What? I'm not allowed to say hi?" He asks, batting his long eyelashes. Ethan clears his throat and Ross snaps his head around to look at him. "I'm Ross, Courtney's....." He looks to me for an answer.

"He's my best friend." I finish. Ethan nods and I look to Ross. "Hey, why don't we all set up a game of water football? I'll be right over." I shoo him off and turn back to Ethan.

"Um, I don't want to keep you guys, so uh, Courtney, if you want to like, hang our or anything, our room number is 206." Ethan says.

"Ours is 920." Rydel says, still not breaking eye contact with Dylan. They both give us one last drool-worthy smile before walking away.

I see Ethan look back at me and I wave. Then I see Ross glaring at Ethan.

Two guys interested in me at the same time? Wow. Weird.

---------------------------

Sorry it took me so long to update. Been sick and stuff. Yeah.

So this Ethan guy is based upon a guy saw while working yesterday. Oh my god, so good looking. I was almost drooling while giving out samples.

Yeah. Happy thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers! Well technically it's tomorrow but I celebrate it today.... So yeah.

Stay beautiful,

-Courtney