New York (Loud Tour pt1)

"Um, can I have a 'Loud' shirt and a pick necklace please?" The teenaged girl in front of me asks a little nervously. She won't make eye contact with me, and I want to tell her that it's ok and that there's nothing to be nervous about, but we have a giant crowd of people around the merch table, so I don't.

"Of course darling. That'll be $50 please." I give her a warm smile as she hands me the bills. She shyly says thank you and starts to walk away. "Hey, have a good time, yeah?" I say and she smiles and nods.

I'm just finishing off helping the next girl (she's so wearing a homemade Ross shirt and it's the cutest thing ever) when my phone rings. I ask Garron to get the girl's stuff and finish off the purchase as I answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hi, I would like an R5 hoodie delivered to my dressing room please. I would also like some water, if you wouldn't mind. Thanks doll." A deep voice says on the other line.

I roll my eyes. "Hi Rocky."

A bunch of girls heard me say that and started screaming that oH MY GOD ROCKY LYNCH IS ON THE PHONE WITH ME OMGGGGG. He hears this and laughs.

"No but seriously, Ross wants you here right now."

"And he couldn't call me himself?"

"His phone died."

I sigh and look around at the crowd of people. Actually, it seems to be dying down. Somewhat. Mostly because the doors just opened. I walk over to Ryland and smile sweetly at him. "Ryland. Would you mind covering me for a few?" I bat my eyelashes and give him my puppy dog eyes.

"Why?" He groaned as he hands a girl her change.

"Because your brother wants me and if you would like further explaination, ask him yourself."

"Fine, I'll cover for you. But I don't need the attitude kid." He grumbles. I refain from reminding him that I am a year older than him, since he deserves to win one argument once in a while. I quickly mark down the time on a scrap piece of paper before walking around to the other side of the table. I smile and wave at a group of girls that were staring at me before heading down to the stage. I flash my LOUDTour card and the security lets me through. 

Finally, getting to the dressing room, I see Ross. "Yo man, what's up?" I ask. 

He looks at his brothers and Rydel and they nod and leave. 

Guess he wants to talk privately. 

"So, uh, Ethan's coming tonight, right?" Ross asks, twiddling his thumbs. I shrug.

"Don't know. He hasn't called me in three days. Everytime I call him, it goes to voicemail and he doesn't bother returning my calls so." I try not to sound too agitated, but Ross gives me a look. He knows how mad I am right now. So wordlessly, he opens his arms and I walk into them. His large arms completely engulf my tiny frame, and I instantly inhale the feel and scent of this boy in front of me.

"I know, Court. I know." He whispers because it's true; he does know. He knows everything when it comes to me. 

We stay like that for a while - neither of us are really sure how long. All we know is we stay wrapped up in each other until Rydel comes inside to tell Ross that the show is about to start. 

As Ross leaves, I stay standing there for a little longer, taking a deep breath and recomposing myself. 

Soon, I find myself standing by backstage, just in case anything goes wrong and I need to be out there, or if one of them need some more water. Right now though, I'm just watching my best friends doing what they love and it's the best feeling in the world. They all light up and connect in a whole new way when they're onstage. It's magical.