so the cat's out of the bag... meow.

(btw i'm v sorry if i use your twitter name in this, or anyone you know or whatever. i'm trying to make it as random as possible and there are only so many twitter names in the world so yeah i'm bound to use someones name i guess idk this was dumb go on with the chapter now) 

"Well," I flop down on my bed. "Even after explaining everything to my mom, she still grounded me so." I sigh. Ross and I did explain our entire night to my mother last night when we got home, but she was not impressed, nor pleased with our impromptu adventure. That is also the reason I'm sitting in my bedroom instead of being outside during this beautiful summer day. 

"Dude that sucks." He sighs, but doesn't say anything else. 

"You didn't get in trouble?" I ask. 

"Nope!" He says proudly and I swear I can hear his smile. "Perks of being a momma's boy." 

I sigh and look out my bedroom window, only to see Ross smirking back at me through his own window. I flip him off and bury my face into my pillows. Usually, I love having adjacent bedroom windows, but right now, I really can't stand it. 

"Anyways, I didn't just call to gloat. I actually have something for you." He says. 

"Really?"

"Yeah, but I can't give it to you, I have to show it to you." He explains. "Do you think you can leave the house for a bit to come to the studio?" 

"Absolutely not. My mom has me on lockdown for the next day or so." He sighs and I can see him run his hand through his hair through the window. His eyes land on his guitar and I can practically see the lightbulb lighting up above his head. 

"Keep your bedroom window unlocked. I'm going to come through there." And before I can say anything else, he's hung up the phone. I sigh and try and pick up anything slightly embarrassing off the floor. Usually, I didn't care that my bedroom was messy when Ross came over, but right now, I have bras and underwear all over the floor and I know that Ross would probably have a tantrum and demand to see my underwear drawer or something. 

I sigh breathily and grimace. I should probably brush my teeth too. 

After I've quickly straightened myself out, I hear a tapping on the window. I open it and Ross smiles. "You know, if my mom catches you up here, we're both dead." 

He just smirks. "Baby, don't you know that I love living life on the wild side?" He climbs through the window and I take in his appearance. He manages to make jeans and a tshirt look freaking amazing and I'm jealous. 

He puts hands on my waist and pulls me closer. "Hi." He whispers. I mutter a response and Ross laughs at my flustered face. Instead of giving me the space my face needs in order to cool itself down, he just leans in closer and kisses me. 

Ross has mentioned quite a few times that he finds it extremely adorable how much smaller I am than him. He says that it makes him feel like he can protect me; how he can completely wrap his arms around me and not let anything hurt me. I love that too. I love that I can be completely wrapped up in his embrace until I feel nothing but him and him only. Like, we're the only two people in the world. 

When he pulls away, my eyes are still closed. All I can feel is the buzzing of my lips and his hands on my waist. 

"Court?" He whispers.

"Mm?"

"I'm going to show you your surprise now." He reaches out the window to the ledge and pulls out one of his acoustic guitars. "I wrote this song for you. It's going to be our next single, so I need to make sure you like it."