Helping out a friend

"YOU DID WHAT?" I exclaim into the phone. Ross sighs.

"I panicked! I didn't know what else to do! I thought it would get her off my back!" He yells back.

"Well did it?"

Ross hesitates. "Well, you didn't let me finish......" He trails off. I groan.

"There's more?"

"Yeah.... Uh., she kind of didnt believe me and she kind of.... Wants to see us together." Ross finishes.

I run my hand through my bed hair, even though it's tangled and it hurts like hell.

"So, that leads me to my next point. Court, I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend. Well, at least until Alana leaves me alone." Ross says. I almost chuck the phone across the room.

"Are you insane?" I ask. He's quiet.

"Would pretend dating me really be that bad?" He asks softly. My anger quickly disappears.

"It's not that, but..... What if she doesn't believe me." I reply.

"She will."

"What if it doesn't work?"

"It will."

I hesitate before stating my worst fear.

"What if we end up liking each other?" I whisper. Ross doesn't say anything and I don't know if he heard me or not. "Ross?" I ask again, making sure he's still there. 

"Yeah, I'm here." He answers. 

"What do you think?" 

He takes a while to respond again, but I wait. "We're both actors. We'll just pretend we're in character." Ross suggests. I nod and gulp. "So, come over in about half an hour." Ross says. 

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, she kind of wants to see us together today." Ross adds. At my silence, he speaks again. "Come on, Court. We can just get this over with then we can forget about it. Alana is really creeping me out and i need her off my back." Ross begs. I sigh and put him on speaker, grabbing some clothes out. 

"You're lucky you have such an awesome best friend." I tell him. I hear him sigh with relief. 

"You so are. Thanks so much! I love you!" Ross says. I tell him I need to shower then I hang up. Before I'm about to close the door to my bathroom, my phone buzzes. I swear if that's Ross again.....

It's not. 

From: Shakey Blakey

We should hang today

It's Blake and she wants to hang out. How can I put this nicely. 

To: Shakey Blakey

I can't. I'm being Ross's girlfriend today

Ok, so there's no good way to put what I'm doing today. Either way, it sounds like something's going on between Ross and I. Which there isn't. 

From: Shakey Blakey

Hold up. What? I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING BETWEEN YOU GUYS I JUST KNEW IT OMG

To: Shakey Blakey

No! There isn't. He's trying to get some creepy girl off his back so he asked me to help him. You know, pretending to be his girlfriend and such. 

From: Shakey Blakey

Sure there isn't. For now. But pretending can lead to real feelings. Don't say I didn't see this coming. 

To: Shakey Blakey

Bye Blake haha

I finally hop in the shower and wash my recently dyed hair. Once I'm done showering, I dry myself and put on a robe. Then I head to my closet and stand there for a while. I finally decide on a high waisted royal blue skirt with a brown belt witha  grey tank top and brown heeled ankle boots. If I'm going to pretend to be Ross's girlfriend, I'm going to at least do it well. I slightly curl my hair and put on a little bit of foundation and mascara. I check the time.