Hooked up by the fire

Ross has been acting stragely distant lately. I mean, I know that he likes me and I completely ditched him for another guy, but that's no reason to just up and stop talking to your best friend right?

Oh god, I'm a terrible person, aren't I?

I'm just torturing Ross now! This trip is supposed to be about us and having fun as friends and what do I do? I go out and get a boyfriend.

Well I'm just on a freaking roll aren't I? No wonder Ross isn't talking to me. I wouldn't even talk to me.

But it's not like I can just break up with Ethan to get Ross to talk to me again? No, because Ethan makes me happy. He's a good guy and I can't just hurt him like that, especially when I don't even want to break up with him. Ross is just going to start acting like a mature adult about this.

The little poo face.

Ok, that wasn't very mature of me. In all seriousness, though, Ross really needs to grow up and start talking to me.

Oh and here's the perfect time. Ross is just walking down to the pool.

I get up from my beach chair next to Rydel - she's out cold so she won't even know I'm gone - and run to the other side of the pool. Ross makes eye contact with me and tries to turn away.

Oh no he doesn't.

I sprint across the pool deck - not safe, please don't do that kids - and catch up to Ross. Then I stand in front of him, blocking his way back into the hotel, putting my hands on my hips. "Going somewhere?" I ask with a raise of my right eyebrow.

Ross' eyes dart from side to side. "Nope, just inside."

"You were coming out to the pool."

"No I wasn't!"

"Yes you were!"

"No I wasn't!"

I'm getting tired of his arguing. "Why are you avoiding me?" I ask out of the blue. He looks surprised.

Serves the little shit right.

"Who says I'm ignoring you?" He asks with the high voice he only gets while he's lying. I give him a look and his eyes go wide. "I'm not avoiding you!" Ross defends himself. I roll my eyes.

"Ross, I know you are, and I know why. I just wanted to tell you that I kind of wish you would stop. I miss talking to my best friend." I whisper, appealing to the side of him that can't resist my puppy dog eyes. He groans and tugs at his hair.

"You and those stupid puppy dog eyes." He mutters, looking down, before looking back up again. "I know, I've been a complete jerk. I don't know, I guess if I stopped talking to you it would get less hard to think about you and Ethan together.... doing all the couple stuff that you and I should be doing." Ross admits.

I give him a huge hug. "Aw Ross!" I mumble into his shoulder.

"This is why I didn't want to tell you - I would get this reaction!" He exclaims with a laugh. I pull away and kiss his cheek.

"Listen, just cause I'm with him, doesn't mean I don't like you. There's always going to be a part of me that likes you Ross, no matter who I'm with or how old I am." I assure him. The thought of that seems to appease him because he follows me back to where Rydel - now awake - is sitting on the chairs, looking at her phone.

Ross plops down on the chair next to me and gives his sister a smile. She returns it. "Hey, Riker just texted me saying that they're gonna make a bonfire tonight. You guys wanna come?" She asks.