First Date

yay for mindless fluff that probably has very little relevance to the plot development of the story but im going to post anyways because its been almost a month and you all deserve a chapter

I wake up slowly, my eyes fluttering and a yawn threatening to emerge from my mouth. I feel Ross' stare on me and I giggle slightly. My eyes open fully and I see him looking at me with a smile on his face. 

"Morning." He says and I swoon because his regular voice already makes me weak in the knees, but his morning voice is on a whole different level. It's husky and scratchy and everything about him is just so perfect in this moment. 

"Morning." I say softly with a blush gracing my cheeks. 

Ross smirks. He loves that he can make me blush. 

"What? Does waking up next to me in the morning get you all hot and bothered?" He teases and my face heats up even more, effectively making his grin even wider. I groan and hide my face in a pillow, but I can feel him hover over me. "It does, doesn't it?" He cackles loudly and launches a very unfair tickle assault on me. 

He ends up on his ass on the floor. 

I've warned him multiple times that I am not responsible for any injuries he obtains while tickling me. He never listens and this always happens. 

I help him off the floor and back onto the bed with a guily expression on my face. He snuggles back next to me and rests his head on my shoulder.

"Damn, I never learn do I?" His words are slightly muffled by my skin and his breath tickles me a little. He relaxes a little more into me and runs his lips up and down the side of my neck. His hands rest on the back of my waist, dangerously close to my butt. The setting right now is almost too intimate; him and I laying in his bed, limbs tangles together like earphones in a pocket, wandering hands and lips. 

A part of me knows this is wrong, but this wrong just feels so right

"You mean so much to me, you know that right?" Ross mutters. I heavily breathe out and try to compose myself because his lips on my neck is making me incapable of speech. "You're so beautiful and kind and amazing and I really don't know how, of everyone in the world, you chose me." He stops kissing my neck and looks me squarely in my eyes. "And I'm going to cherish you until you decide to leave me for some smart college guy who actually deserves you."

I grab his face in my hands before he can start kissing me again. "Ross, why would you say that?" I ask. He looks away, but I bring his face back to mine. "Ross?" 

He sighs. "Court, you really deserve someone better than me." He starts. "I can never give you a normal relationship. I can't take you out on dates, I can't see you as often as you want after hiatus is over, and to top everything off, you have to deal with crazy fangirls throwing themselves at me." He shakes his head. "You make me so happy, but I'm scared, I'm so freaking scared, that I won't be able to make you as happy as you make me."

I stroke his cheeks with my thumbs and watch as he bites his lip. "Ross, if I wanted a relationship with a normal person, I would have stayed with Ethan, or taken up the offer from Aidan at school." His eyes flash and I suddenly remember that I didn't tell him about the sweet and, admittably, attractive boy that asked me out before we left for tour. "But I don't want normal; I want you!" I cut him off before he can say anything and he rolls his eyes. 

"I honestly don't know how we got here from being best friends, but I honestly never want to leave." Ross says.

I never really understood how people could just stare at each other and be completely content. I would watch those romantic movies and laugh at how ridiculous they looked and how I would never do that. I would never find someone to stare at like that. I wouldn't let myself.