Lunch 'date'

-Present day-

"Courtney!" My teacher snaps. I look up from my paper. I must have zoned out doodling or something. I quickly look down at my paper and see Ross's name doodled on there. Whoa, that's weird. I push it under my binder and turn my attention back up to the teacher. 

"Yes Mrs. Chang?" I ask. 

"I asked you to tell me the graph in slope point form." 

I give her the correct answer and she turns back to the board, satisfied. 

"Nerd." Someone behind me coughs. 

I still don't fit in. It's been years here in high school and I have a total of zero friends. I really wish I could be more like Ross, who made friends so easily. 

I turn around and glare at the guy. He's a third stringer on the football team. He's so irrelevant it's not even funny. He cocks an eyebrow and I sink back into the seat. 

Unfortunately, I'm more irrelevant in the school. It would be out of place for me to make a scene with someone above me like that. 

Finally, the bell rings and I take my phone out of my bag. 10 new texts. 

From: Rossy Jersey Shor

Hayyyyyyyyy gurl hayyyyyyyyy

From: Rossy Jersey Shor

You know what I like? You. You're cool. 

From: Rossy Jersey Shor

Ok, all these texts are really creepy and I know you can't see these cuz you're in class, but I'm sooooooo bored. We're not doing anything on set right now.  

From: Rossy Jersey Shor

Barnyard animals

Barnyard animals? Alright then. 

From: Rikeroony 

I made muffins. Just fer yoouuuuu

From: The Musical Genius

Riker made muffins. 

From: E-Rat

Hey, I know you're in class and all, but I need to ask you a very important question. Can I borrow your cat?

From: Dellywhopper

Mom wants to take me shopping. Help. 

From: Rossy Jersey Shor

I was going to apologize for being so weird but then i remembered that you're you and you're used to it. 

From: Rossy Jersey Shor

go outside when you're done class

It's lunch right now. Maybe they're taking me somewhere. Well, Ross can't because he's on set, but maybe everyone else is.

Some guy behind me sees all the text notifications on my phone and laughs. 

"Who knew a nobody like you could get so much texts from someone named..." He leans over to look at the name. "Rossy Jersey Shor. Sounds lame." He laughs and walks away with his friends. I sigh and walk out of the class. I open my locker quickly and put away my books. Then I head outside and wait. 

To: Rossy Jersey Shor

Ok, I'm here. What's up?

"Turn around, gorgeous." I hear a familiar voice. I drop my phone in my bag and run to Ross. I hug him and hang off his neck. 

"Court, Court, get off me. I can't breathe." He gasps. I laugh and let him go. 

"I thought you were on set today!"  I exclaim. 

"There's this little thing and it's called a lunch break." He says, matter of factly. I lightly punch him on the shoulder. He lifts me onto his back and walks me to the car. 

"I'm so glad you're here. I don't know how much of this I can take." I say, sliding in the seat of the van. 

"People still picking on you?" He asks. I nod. 

"Yeah, but what else is new?" I ask. Ross knows that that's the cue to stop talking about it. 

"Oh, by the way, I got all your texts. Riker, I want those muffins. Rydel, I can't help you there sorry. Ellington, hell no, and Rocky, yes I did know that Riker made muffins for me." I tell them. I'm used to them sending me the weirdest texts when I'm in class. They know that people bully me and they always try to bring a smile on my face after class. 

They're the best. 

If only I didn't have to deal with the pain in the ass people at my school. 

We get to the place where we're eating and I see Ross is tweeting people. 

"Ross on twitter? Laaaaaame." I yell. He laughs and lifts his phone to take a picture of me. I cover my face at the last second. I hear him put his phone down and suddenly, I can see. He takes away my hands and looks sad.

"Why do you always cover your face in pictures, Courtney?" He asks softly. I shrug. 

"I don't like my face." I reply. 

"Well I do." He says, looking into my eyes. My heart starts beating faster. Whoa, where did that come from? 

"Just freaking kiss her already!" I hear someone exclaim. I turn around and see Rocky staring at us. I flip him off. 

"We don't like each other like that. And thanks for ruining a nice best friend moment, Lynch!" I yell. Rocky laughs and turns around. When I turn back to Ross, he's tweeting again. 

"@rossR5: Lunch with Court Court pic.twitter.com/VW4kAdaJ7E"

He posts it. His notifications start blowing up. 

"You should get Twitter." Ross says, out of the blue. I shake my head. 

"More places for people to tell me how much of a nobody I am." I reply. He starts typing on his phone again. 

"@rossR5: Everyone should tell Courtney to get twitter. She's being stubborn again." 

I shove him. "Ross...." I laugh. 

"You're the only one with an iPhone I know that doesn't have a twitter or instagram. Get with the year Court." He teases. I roll my eyes. Eventually, we finish the meal and they take me back to school. I sigh and look at it. 

"See you guys." I say, getting out. 

"Text me when you get home." Ross says. I nod. 

Time to go back to school. Time to keep being told how worthless I am. TIme to keep believing it.

------------------------------------

I have no clue where I'm going with this, but I'm pretty sure it might go where my very first fanfiction on instagram did. I'm not sure though. We'll see. I'm pretty much only writing this for myself haha. It's alright. If you guys like it, you like it. I hope you do, but not a biggie if you don't. But thanks for 21 reads so far then haha

-Courtney