The Search

[Aria's POV]

Once we debriefed the plan with everyone, Reginald and I walked out of the tavern and towards the wall. It was nearly completely repaired, the only main spot of damage being the spot I crashed into. I feel my back slightly spasm in reminder, and I rub it carefully. It no longer hurt anymore, and my hearts had finally rose above three. However, they refuse to go much higher than that.

At least they weren't shaking anymore.

Making it to the wall, we both keep walking through the open gate and towards the woods. We don't stop, and we don't really speak.

Well, not verbally

'This just seems so.... weird.'

A soft chuckle echoes from the enderman. 'Indeed it does. It is.... a different experience.' I shake my head as we continue on, finally taking a moment to admire the landscape around me. I had played VR Minecraft before all of this happened, but this was completely different. If it wasn't for the life or death situation at hand, I'd dare to say I would enjoy this! In fact, I had always dreamed of this happening! I believed that I would never, ever want to leave! But now?

I simply wanted to stay alive.

I wanted to go home.

My sorrow apparently flooded over to Reginald, as his cool hand rests on my shoulder. I turn to him, and he gives me a gentle smile. 'It will be alright. For once, I have hope for you players to make it home.' I could tell his words were genuine, and I find it easy to return the smile. We continue on, slowly making our way back to the place that started it all.

Our spawn point shack.

A.K.A., the massive, gaping crater in the ground.

I growl, remembering when we first came back here. Mobius nearly got crushed as it all collapsed down. I hadn't remembered so much of it falling after we retrieved the one chest. We don't get too close, fearing the ground being less than stable. With a huff, I glare at the remains of the building. Most of the front was crumbled in and filling the hole. The rest was barely standing, leaning in towards the crater. Rage seeps in, but I subdue it with a deep breath.

'You honestly think this will work?' I ask Reginald, and he just shrugs. "You are the first I have known to share his thoughts when he is near. If your idea is correct, then there is no reason for it not to." A grimace crosses his face, and I tilt my head slightly. 'But?'

Reginald sighs.

"But... I fear he may be too far gone."

I nod my head in sorrow. We carefully begin walking around the crater to the area where it seems like every player arrives when they enter this realm. "Let's hope I am right then. He has been awfully silent lately." I say as we stop and, as if on cue again, a voice echoes in my mind.

'Right about what, Aria?'

I slightly stiffen, then release a sigh. I begin to think normally, not using the Ender half of my mind. 'I had thought you'd never show up in my head again. Didn't like what was there?' I try to sound smug, and the reply I get shows it worked. 'With your thoughts beginning to depress me, I found a way to block them unless you are near.'

Suddenly, his form fizzles into life before us. He was floating in the air, slightly hunched over to gaze directly into my eyes. "And you are extremely close now." I struggle to withhold a growl while glaring into his eyes. Reginald takes a protective step forward, not restraining himself from letting out a low snarl. I hold a hand out to Reginald, motioning for him to stand down. All this glowing-eyed Steve was doing right now is aging mind games.