The End?

[Aria's POV]

I can't focus.

My mind is flooded with whispers, voices speaking to me.

Calling to me.

I'm on my knees, holding the sides of my head with my hands.

I can't block them out.

'Save us.'

'Free us.'

'End this.'

'Stop him.'

'Save us.'

Stop him, free us, save us! 

END THIS! STOP HIM! FREE US!

I can't take it. I feel my mind breaking. The strain is too much. 

Tears threaten to fall, and I feel my body shaking. My eye burns and I realize it's all because of where I am.

The End.

Home of the endermen.

The roar of a dragon rings in my ears, but I can't move.

I know she's near.

I can feel her.

Her power.

Her strength.

I was weak compared to her. I was her subordinate. Or, at least, half her subordinate. She was under his control, and I hers. The ground shakes, and I feel her warm breath on my back behind me. Her roar scrambles my mind even more, and I release a pain and rage-filled scream. It was becoming too much. I couldn't hold it back anymore. I was growing tired, weak. I couldn't resist for much longer.

My friends.

Where are my friends?

They were with me. Right behind me, so why weren't they here now?

Him.

No, no, nonono!

He threw me in.

I left them alone.

With HIM!

I had to hold on. They could make it here. I know they can.

'No, they can't.'

Yes, they can! I know they can! They won't leave me here.

'Yes, they will. You are alone.'

Fear is sinking in. I can feel the other endermen gathering around me. The Enderdragon was nearing as well. I could tell her head was directly above me. Her burning gaze was boring into my back. 

'Give in. You cannot win. He always triumphs.'

NO! I won't! I can't! They need me! I have to hold on! I struggle, the internal battle fierce. I could hold out a bit longer, I had to. They would make it here, find me, and save me. Somehow, I had to believe that, or else-

"No one is coming to save you, Aria."

I feel my whole body freeze at the voice, but I don't move to look at him. I stay on my knees, wide eyes glued on the endstone beneath me. The portal had spat me out in the middle of the obsidian towers instead of on the platform near the edge as usual.

The little focus I had left returns to the voice, that dreaded voice as it speaks again.

"They believed themselves capable of fighting me without you to lead them. Foolish."