The Stronghold

[EXTENDED CHAPTER]

"So, what else did you get from crazy man's mind?" Alexa asks, and I shrug as we make our way through the woods. Climbing over a fallen tree, I begin spilling what I had learned. "Simple enough, it seems like he wants revenge on someone, which is why he wants out." A crackle alerts me and I raise my shield just as an arrow slams into it. I don't move, and soon another arrow whizzes past my ear. The death noise of the skeleton rings out, and I spot Mobius jump down from a tree branch. I smile at him, and he only gives me a nod. We continue as if nothing had happened.

I mean, this was at least the fourth or fifth skeleton we have encountered already.

I start speaking again. "Simply put, I think it's kind of like Tron, you know?" This time, Anthony nods his head while blocking another arrow. Alexa takes the shot and kills the skeleton just as Anthony starts speaking. "So Herobrine is like Clu, and he wants to get revenge on the players?" I can only shrug in response. I truthfully could only remember a few of Herobrine's thoughts because it happened so quickly and nearly overloaded my mind. However, Mobius pipes in with a different idea.

"Or the creator."

We all stop and turn to him. He quickly elaborates. "I mean, think about it. The creepypasta on him is that he is Notch's dead brother haunting the game, right? He could actually be the one who helped create Minecraft and then was left behind." Slowly, I turn and continue walking, but I nod my head. "That makes more sense... It's still only speculation at this point though." It falls silent once again, and we continue dodging enemy attacks while heading in the direction the Eye had indicated. So far, the mobs weren't a problem, and we discovered that saying his name wouldn't summon him to us since he wasn't able to come into this biome...

But even then, we truly didn't know if it did or not.

But it is better to be safe than sorry.

Slowly, we continue until I start to feel a familiar presence. It wasn't Reginald or an enderman, but it still felt like someone I knew. I stay silent, but even Reginald had changed his movements ahead of me. His steps are more calculated and his head is on a swivel a bit more than before.

'You feel it as well, don't you?'

I see his head turn towards me slightly. He gives a faint nod before continuing to gaze around. His silence was a bit concerning, so I turn and motion for everyone to get low. They give me small nods and quickly lower themselves. Mobius, who was up in the trees, waves at me to get my attention. I nod to him, and he gestures ahead of us. He tries to make a triangle with his hands and his lips mouth out a single word.

'Mansion'

I feel a growl rise, but then Reginald stops just a few blocks ahead. He straightens and turns to us with a hopeful look on his face. I start to gain an idea of why as we move forward towards him. The feeling inside was growing stronger, and I smile a bit. As we near the bushes the enderman was crouching by, he pushes them back with a warble.

"We have some friends, it appears."

Gazing out, my smile widens and I push through the leaves into a small clearing that held a few massive ravagers loaded with chest saddles, some pillagers, and one very familiar evoker. Said mob was facing us with his arms crossed and a smug look on his face. "I figured you'd get here sooner or later." I can only chuckle before moving forward to shake hands with him. "Guess you saw the sky change a bit?" Peter nods and crosses his arms again. "Even with the shelter of the trees, it was darker than it should be. Another reason why we are here, where he can't reach us."

My head tilts.

Slight excitement starts to well up in me.

Apparently, I am showing this, because Peter only nods his head with a smug smile. He turns to the ravagers, who grunt at us. One has a massive scar on its back, and I lock eyes with it.