Spawn Point

A sigh escapes Aria as she sits hunched over at her desk, pencil in hand, slowly finishing the final touch to a commission for a friend. It was based on 'The End' of the game called Minecraft, and three avatars were facing off against the 'Ender King' and his dragon. It was just the sketch that was soon to be scanned into the computer for digital coloration, but seeing it almost done made Aria's heart soar. There was only one more thing that she was waiting on to make this Saturday even better.

The phone next to her vibrates, and she gazes over at it to see the notification from work. It was about her request for a raise. Taking a deep breath, she grabs the phone and taps the notification. It doesn't take long to read through the rather short email. Her eyes narrow, and she tosses the phone aside. It slides across the desk, only stopping as it bumps up against the computer on the right. Aria rubs her face with her hands as she leans back in the circle chair.

With an aggravated sigh, Aria stands and walks away to what seems to be a restroom. "Of course they didn't...." She mutters, closing the door behind her. Water starts to run soon after. Her phone then dings, and on it is a notification from a chat room.

"Download this mod before playing tonight! Makes everything seem so real!"

It was from one of her friends, Mobius. He manned most of the chat room with updates and reminders of raids for each weekend they had scheduled. He was the brains behind most of the operations, being talented with the commands and hidden controls within the game. Aria was dubbed the Alchemist, potion master, and part-time builder. Two more friends were in their group, Alexa and Anthony. Alexa was the weaponsmith and the best at combat. Anthony was the main builder and miner, as he had the most patience.

All in all, they were a well-rounded team.

As she finishes her shower, Aria gets dressed and returns to her desk, moving the finished sketch aside and sliding the computer front and center. She notices the new notification as she picks up her phone. A smile crosses her face as she sets it back down again, and her fingers start flying across the keyboard. It didn't take long for her to find the mod Mobius had sent, but the file was...

Odd.

The site was different, too.

Aria was suspicious, of course, but she trusted Mobius. If there was a chance this could harm her laptop, he would have said something. Besides, it may be a new version of the site they normally used for mods!

After all, Minecraft was constantly growing in the gaming community. New stuff appears daily.

Swiftly, Aria downloads the mod, typing into the chat room that she was getting on soon and the mod was almost installed. No one replies for a while, so Aria sets the phone off to the side again. Pressing pause on her music, she moves the now downloaded file to the right folder in the Minecraft folders and launches the game. Everything loads as normal, the large 'Minecraft' logo covering her screen and the small bars below it slowly filling.

Suddenly, the screen flickers and Aria's phone goes off. She steals a glance towards her phone, but a text appears on her screen and stops her movement. Her eyes widen, and she stares in shock at what is written in the green Minecraft font found in the credits after the End of the game.

"Good evening, Aria."

As she straightens in her chair again, the text clears. However, more quickly appears, as if typed up.

"Please, stay still. It's easier for the Enderman to navigate that way."

Aria leans in, narrowing her gaze. It seems too sophisticated to be a prank, but this couldn't be real, right? It's all a part of the mod! Mobius must have set this up, she thinks.

A familiar 'vwoop' echoes from behind her, and cubic black arms snake around her head, pressing her back against a cold object. Her mouth is covered by the arms, stopping her mid-scream. With wide eyes, Aria spots purple particles floating around her and her heart starts hammering in her chest.

The computer beeps, and she looks at it one last time.

"Close your eyes, Aria. Teleportation isn't for everyone."

Purple mist fills her eyes, and she swiftly shuts them. Her body seems to be vibrating and shifting. It felt like every piece of her was being torn apart, but there wasn't any pain, just mild discomfort.

The same 'vwoop' from before blares in her ears, and all of a sudden...

Her room is empty.

The only thing remaining are a few pixelated purple particles.

Her computer screen clears itself once more, but slowly a few more words appear.

"Enjoy your stay... TheAviatorShadow."

The screen stutters once then shuts off completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

So this story is actually something I have been wanting to write for a while, but I never had anyone really interested in any other story except transformers.

HOWEVER

@kyaragray asked me if I would write a Minecraft story, and so I finally did!

This is based off a webtoon I am working on for the Webtoon Canvas contest, so if you read this, you will soon get an 'inked' version of it soon!

Hope you enjoy! And I have two drafts for the other stories I am currently working on, so get ready to read!

Fav

Comment

Follow!

Thanks for reading~