The Nether

"So you're telling me that Herobrine came, didn't kill you, but instead lead you to a nether portal, informed you that we aren't the first he has done this to, and we are running out of time?" I can only nod my head as Alexa repeats and summarizes everything I told my friends. We were all standing a few blocks from the portal now, wary of the way it looked and sounded, not to mention the fact that it looked like it was slowly infecting the world around it. Netherrack was taking over the stone, and a few blocks held vine-like tendrils in them.

"Let's not forget that he also said the longer we are here, the more we start becoming our avatars..." Anthony speaks up, snapping my mind back to the group. Mobius slightly shivers. "No wonder it's nearly unbearable in here for me...." I tilt my head in confusion until I see feathers move behind his head. "Avali's live in negative forty degrees Celsius to negative one hundred degrees Celsius....." Alexa shakes her head. "You shouldn't go to the nether then, Mobi. It could literally kill you!" I nod my head in agreement. "It's already dangerous enough to go there as it is. However, we can't leave one person alone at any time anymore...."

Everyone grows silent, and we all hesitantly turn our gaze to the portal. None of us truly wanted to go, but we all knew it was necessary to beat the game. Not to mention the only place to get supplies for the potions we will need in order to survive The End. We are all silent, trying to think of the best possible plan.

"I'll go..."

My head snaps over to Mobius as he speaks. I already have my head shaking in protest when he raises his hand. "Look, we don't really have a choice. We can't risk a split-up when so many mechanics are being messed with. I will bring a bucket of water in hopes that it still stays in the bucket while in the inventory. I can drink it and keep my body temp down.... hopefully." I still find myself wanting to protest, but I know he's right. I slightly feel my anger rise a bit, but not at my friends...

At Him.

Before anyone else can object, I feel my eye start to sting and pain begins to well up in it. I let out a hiss and cover it, drawing Alexa's attention. I feel fear start to sink in when I realize which eye it was, and my wide-eyed expression seems to speak many words to Alexa, and thankfully it's all I needed. "We need to go, now!" She shouts, gaining everyone's attention. "What? Why?" Anthony asks, and just as she opens her mouth, I hear the fateful gargle of an Enderman, followed by another... and another. I shake my head. "No time! In the portal n-"

Pain floods me as a black blocky fist slams into the side of my head and sends me crashing into the side of the nether portal. I feel my vision slowly return, and the sound of fighting is the first thing my ears pick up when my hearing returns. Arms wrap around my own, and it takes me a moment to register that it was Mobius carrying me away just as an Enderman attempted to land another hit on my face. Despite getting dragged, I am still able to lock eyes with the mob, and my own widen at the sight.

Its face was normal, but the eyes were not. They weren't white, but they were still shining an off-color. Instead of the usual purple-pink, they were a crimson red and burning with unknown hate. I hear the noise of the portal grown closer, and I stagger to my feet when Mobius finally stops moving. I shake my head to regain my focus, and I hear Alexa shout as she is hit directly in front of me. I barely move forward enough to catch her. As I help her stand, I draw my sword...

And the Enderman hiss as they step back, as if revolted by it.

I narrow my eyes and swing it towards them, and they move back again. My eye burns in agony, but I try to hide it. However, I feel a hand grab my arm. It's Alexa, and she shakes her head. "Not now. We have to go." I growl, and her grip tightens. Turning back to our attackers, I see them shifting forward slightly, and more are joining them. However, they seem uninterested in me anymore, and their gaze is locked on the three behind me. I protectively move my sword to cover them, and the mobs back off slightly. I narrow my gaze, ignoring the excruciating pain that was starting to radiate from my right eye.