The showcase

I came back from a run to see Tori's science project partner walking out. I walked into the house to see my older sisters fighting.

"I have to turn in my mold bush." Tori said.

"No. Andrew is coming over and you gotta help us figure out what we're gonna do in the big showcase. I definitely wanna sing." Trina said hitting a note out of tune. "How was that?"

"Loud?" Tori said.

"Unlike anything else." I said.

"Awesome." Trina said as the door rang. "Uch, he's here. Stay." Trina told us both. She opened the door.

"Come in." Trina told him.

"Thanks." Andrew said.

"Tori Maddison, that's Andrew." Trina said.

"Andre." The boy corrected.

"Hey." Tori said.

"Sup." I said.

"You go to Hollywood arts, too?" Andre asked Tori and I.

"Oh, no. I'm not a performer. Just my sister." Tori said.

"Yep. I got the talent, Maddie's got the artist talent and she got strong teeth." Trina said looking at Tori squeezing her face."You know, she's never had one cavity?"

"I try not to brag about it." Tori said.

"Oh, nice piano." Andre said playing a few keys.

"Oh my god, you're fantastic." Tori said.

"Dang dude that's some skill." I said.

"He's okay." Trina said.

5 days later

I was out the back jumping on the trampoline while Andre was on the phone with his grandmother.

"No, grandma, listen, there's no way you can drown at my school. You not gonna fall in a toilet. Look, I gotta... I gotta... I'll call you later." Andre hung up as Tori brought out drinks.

"Your grandmother's coming to the big showcase?" Tori asked as I got off the trampoline.

"Yeah. It's gonna be the first time she's left the house in six years." Andre said as Tori handed me a drink.

"Why?" I asked.

"'cause the woman's afraid of everything: people, umbrellas, rabbis, bikinis, breakfast foods..."Andre

"So if she saw a rabbi in a bikini eating pancakes..." Tori listed off

"The woman would burst into flames." Andre said. I laughed.

"That's hilarious." I said.

"You guys, come on." Trina called out.

"Back to rehearsal." Tori said.

"Let's go." Andre said. We walked back into the living room and Trina was stood in a dress.

"So? What do you think? Fabulous, right?" Trina asked.

"You really need to wear that, just to rehearse?" I asked.

"A performer needs to feel the part to be the part." Trina tapped my nose as I sat down doing homework or at least tried.

"I thought we talked about you not tapping my nose anymore." I said.

"Okay, we got the comedy stuff down, so let's start with my song." Trina said.

"And by "your song" I'm guessin' you mean that song I wrote?" Andre asked.

"No one cares who wrote the song. Now... Go! From "when I make it shine." Trina said. Andre started playing and Trina sang off-key.