Stage Fighting

I was woken up by someone jumping on my bed.

"What the fuck do you want?" I groaned.

"You're going to be late for school," Tori said.

"I'm not going." I groaned rolling back over into my wall.

"Maddie Tori, your friends here," Mom yelled.

"I'm not Tori's friend." I heard Jade say.

"I'm coming, give me a minute," I yelled. "Tori get out."

"Tori leave her alone," Trina yelled across the hall.

"Thank you." I said. I stood up and threw on an outfit.

I walked downstairs and Jade smiled

"Morning." I said.

"Morning Mads." Jade said.

"Maddison where are all these shirts coming from?" Mom asked holding up flannel shirts and jackets.

"Beck and Jade's. I keep forgetting my jacket." I said going to the fridge to grab a glass of water.

"ADHD and your other meds." Mom said pointing at the cup on the unit. I took them and washed them down with the water.

"Homework have you got it all?" Mom asked.

"What homework did we even have?" I asked.

"Math, English and theater history. I think you have tech theater as well." Jade said.

"I've got in I haven't finished any of it." I said checking my bag.

"Lunch money?" Mom asked.

"Back of my phone." I said.

"Show me." Mom said. I showed her.

"Come on we've got stage fighting today." Jade said. I put my bag over my shoulder and we left.

"So what's stage fighting?" I asked.

"It's fake fighting but with sound effects and camera angles, it can make it look real. It's used in movies and plays." Jade explained.

"Like fight scenes in like Rocky?" I asked.

"Yeah." Jade said. "How are you feeling today?"

"Kinda tired but my meds will kick in before we get to school so I'll be fine." I said.

"I didn't realise you had to take so many different medications," Jade said.

"Yeah most kids with ADHD don't just have ADHD they struggle with some sort of mental health issue. Mine is anxiety and like mild depression." I said.

"You'd tell Beck or me if something was wrong wouldn't you?" Jade asked.

"Yeah. Cause I feel like your more understanding of it. And if your not then you're really good at hiding the fact you think I'm stupid." I said.