Earthquakes+Dog-sitting

I was sat on the floor in the hallway with Jade

I was sat on the floor in the hallway with Jade. She was doing work and I was doodling in my sketchbook. The bell rang and Jade pulled me up and we walked over to Cat.

"Cat... Why'd you just throw your drink in the trash?" Jade asked. 

"'Cuz I wasn't thirsty," Cat said.

"But... But you bought the... Ah, forget it. What are you doing Saturday night?" Jade asked.

"I'm dog sitting for my mom's boss," Cat said.

"Oh. What kind of dog?" Jade asked.

"I'm not sure. He's got paws and a tail... Maybe he's an English pawtail. Why, what are you doing Saturday night?" Cat asked.

"Oh what... what, you think 'cuz Beck and I broke up, I don't have anything to do Saturday night?!" Jade asked.

"No, I never said..." Cat said.

"I've got a lotta things I'm gonna do, like, tons," Jade said.

"Okay," Cat said.

"I mean if you want me to cancel my plans. And come hang out with you while you dogsit, then fine. Fine, I'll do it," Jade said.

"You don't have to..." Cat said.

"I said I'll do it. But you owe me, baby girl," Jade said. I pouted as Jade pulled me away. Jade turned to me and pulled me into a kiss. "There's no need to be jealous baby," Jade said.

"I'm not jealous," I said.

"Really?" Jade asked.

"I can't help it okay," I said. "You happy now?" I asked. Jade smirked.

"You're adorable," Jade said as my phone went off.

Chris: Hey MV. My dad's looking for a crew to help on a new project. He said he'd pay you if you're up for it.

MV: Sounds great. Give me the details.

Chris: Alright.

"Who's that?" Jade asked.

"You know my friend Chris?" I asked.

"Blonde, curly hair who always wears that gold chain?" Jade asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"I know him," Jade said.

"Well his dad owns a construction company and he just offered me a job working as part of the crew on his new project," I said.

"So you can't come dog-sit with me and Cat on Saturday?" Jade asked.

"I can. It's like 7-3 on a Saturday," I said.

"Okay," Jade said.

Timeskip