Cupcakes + Terror Streets

Beck was off school on his way back from Canada

Beck was off school on his way back from Canada. I was sat on Jade's lap cuddling into her chest while Tori and Andre were performing a scene with buckets on their heads. I wasn't really listening until Sikowitz dismissed the class.

"But... We still have more time," Jade said.

"We do? How much?" Sikowitz asked.

"Fifty-five minutes," Robbie said.

"Oh. Oh! Well, actually, I do have something I need to discuss with some of you. Tori, Cat, Andre, Robbie, Jade, Maddie... please stay. The rest of you may wander the halls," Sikowitz said walking to the door and opening it for the rest of the students. "Enjoy your day. Thanks for coming, I'm here all week. Tip your nurses and clowns," Sikowitz said as they walked out.

"Why did you make them leave?" Cat asked.

"Ah, I dunno. They never talk," Sikowitz said.

"Yeah, they just sit there and react," Tori said.

"So, what do you want with us?" Jade asked.

"Who like parades?" Sikowitz asked.

"Antonio banderas," Robbie said.

"Hillbillies," Rex said.

"No one," Jade said.

"Oh c'mon. Parades are fun," Sikowitz said.

"One time my brother was in a parade, but he was inappropriate, so the parade people called the police and now he's not allowed to be in parades. Or be near horses," Cat said.

"Play with the pretty keys," Jade said handing her keys to Cat.

"Kay-kay," Cat said.

"So... you all know about the woman I've been dating. Felicia?" Sikowitz asked. We all told Sikowitz we didn't know about her.

"Well, anyway, she's the creative director of this year's parade parade," Sikowitz said.

"Parade parade?" Andre asked.

"I've never heard of that," Tori said. Jade tapped my leg.

"How about we go get some food?" Jade  whispered to me. I nodded. We got up and walked out.

"Can we get hotdogs?" I asked.

"Sure babygirl," Jade said. "Where are my keys?"

"You gave them to Cat," I said. Jade grabbed my hand and we walked back into class.

"Gimme my keys back," Jade said. Cat handed Jade her keys. Jade checked her bunch. "Where's my house key?" 

"Uh, unh," Cat said rubbing her stomach.

"I'll take her to the nurse," Tori said taking Cat by her arm.

"I swallowed it," Cat said.

"We'll see it again," Tori told her as they walked out.