Towels & Elevators (3)

|| Sam's POV ||

I slowly woke up, the memories of yesterday flooding into my head. I felt sorta dizzy as I sat up in my bed, and it got worse as I stood up. I saw fuzzy images in front of me, I blinked rapidly, and they disappeared. My phone started buzzing, so I reached over and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I answered sleepily.

"Sam, where are you? It's almost noon! You missed like half of the school day!" Karen said in a quiet voice, so I assumed she was calling me from somewhere she wasn't supposed to be calling from.

I looked at my clock, and saw my empty suitcase on the floor.

"Karen... we're going to VidCon TODAY."

I heard nothing but silence, and then some shuffing. Then, I heard an ear piercing scream.

"WE'RE DOING WHAT?!?!"

"We're... going to VidCon." I smiled to myself, barely believing that I was actually saying that.

"How are we going to do that exactly?"

"I have no idea, but we're doing it. Meet me at the park in 2 hours." I hung up the phone, and started racing around my room. I was going to VidCon no matter what happened.

|| 2 HOURS LATER ||

I ran into the park, out of breath and feeling dizzy. My batman suitcase was really heavy, and I just dropped everything I had when I got to the fountain, where everyone was waiting for me.

"I-i'm here." I managed to squeak a few words out before I hit the ground.

"Jeez Sam, what's in your suitcase? We're only there for the weekend!" Becca started laughing as she was talking.

I frowned, not seeing what was wrong with being prepared for anything.

"I'm just... prepared."

All of my friends rolled their eyes, knowing that I was using the same excuse as always.

|| Ian's POV ||

Anthony and I stood in the elevator of our hotel, heading up to our floor. I had the necklace in my suitcase, along with the note and envelope. I still had no idea what to do with them, I was almost about to give up on it. But something kept telling me to figure out what the story was behind it.

The elevator stopped on our floor, and we walked to our room. As we passed on of the rooms, I think it was 6G, my suitcase got stuck in the carpet. I have no idea how, but it took like 20 minutes to fix it. We walked to our room a couple doors down, careful to watch our suitcases.

|| Sam's POV (In California) ||

OMG. OMG. O.M.G.

WE ARE REALLY IN CALIFORNIA! WE ARE REALLY GOING TO VIDCON! THIS IS ALL REAL!

My brain was having a nervous breakdown, and I actually knew why for once. However, I was calm on the outside. I was just so excited that we were staying in the same hotel as all the youtubers going to VidCon were at! My heart was pounding as we got out room key. We had room 6G, so we headed for the elevator. The elevator stopped on the 4th floor, so somebody was getting on. My mind flooded with thoughts of somebody that I watched everyday would walk through the doors, and I almost passed out when I saw Dan and Phil walk into the elevator.

DAN AND PHIL. IN. THE. SAME. ELEVATOR. AS. ME. HOLY. CRAP. I. THINK. I. AM. GOING. TO DIE.

Phil stood in front of me, and Dan was next to him. I was stunned still as they got out on the same floor as us. Karen and Rachel had to bring me back to reality before the elevator doors closed on me.

We went into our room, and I plopped all my stuff on the little couch near the door. I sat in a chair, and sighed in relief.

"THIS ROOM IS AMAZING!" Becca was screaming, and Karen yelled for her to shut up.

I got up to go to the bathroom and fix my hair, when I heard someone knock on the door. I couldn't see who it was, so I just listened. Bad idea.

I heard.. his voice.

The voice of the one and only.

Ian Hecox.

"Uh, did you guys happen to see a towel in the hallway?" His voice was loud and clear for me to hear.

"Um no, but you can borrow one of ours!" I heard Becca squeak out.

"Just head into the back." Karen sounded really excited.

I then realized that I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WHERE HE WAS COMING TO.

OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

IS THIS HAPPENING?

I quickly fixed my hair, and opened the door, to see his face. My heart was pounding so hard. He smiled and asked if he could borrow a towel. I smiled and nodded, reaching for a fluffly white one from the hotel.

"Thanks!" He smiled again, and started walking away.

...

...

BRAIN OVERLOAD!

...

...

Anyways, I heard the door shut, and heard Karen, Becca, and Rachel start running towards the bathroom, where I was still glued to the floor.

"SAM!" They all started freaking out, but I was immobile and speechless.

"OH MY GOD!" I suddenly screamed.

They all laughed at me, and I smiled to myself.

|| 1 HOUR LATER ||

We finally unpacked all of our stuff, so I plopped down on one of the big beds. I rolled over and open one of the nightstand drawers, only to find a locket inside of it. I picked it up, and examined it. It was beautiful, so I decided to keep it. I put it around my neck, and got up to check it in the mirror.

"Sam, where did you get that? It's really pretty." Rachel walked up behind me, blow drying her hair.

"It was in the nightstand drawer..." I trailed off, trying to read the print engraved on it.

Rachel walked away, and I walked towards the door. I went into the hallway, and headed towards the elevator. I was going to grab some dinner, because I was starving after today. I got into the elevator, and waited for the doors to close. Before they did, somebody walked in.

"Oh, hey again!" Ian smiled and pushed the lobby button.

"Hey!" I fiddled with my purse, giving me an excuse not to stare at him.

"Where you going to?" He looked at me, and fixed his hair.

"Just going to get dinner." I slung my purse back over my shoulder.

"Do you think I could tag along?, I was about to go eat too."

My brain almost set itself on fire.

"Yeah, sounds cool with me!"

Little did I know, this elevator is where it all started.