Dinners & Couches (4)

|| Sam's POV ||

The rest of the elevator ride down to the lobby was eerily quiet. Mainly because I had no idea what to say, reason being that my brain was burning as we speak.

Ian then cleared his throat, and spoke up after what felt like forever.

"Where do you wanna go to eat?"

I panicked. I had no clue about anything around here!

"Well, you see, i've never been to California before. I have no idea what kind of places are around here." I was trying so hard not to ramble.

"Ah, well I guess i'll have to surprise you then." He smiled a devious smile, and I suddenly felt a lot more comfortable.

 "Where are you from? I mean, if you're comfortable with telling me." He looked kinda... I couldn't make it out, but he was acting quieter than I remember him being in the videos. It wasn't bad though.

"I'm actually from Pennsylvania." I hated that state. I would love to move to New York, or even here to California.

"Cool, lots of history there."

"Yeah, that's the only reason why people know that state, I swear."

He laughed a little, and we stepped out of the elevator and into the lobby. We walked through the doors, and I breathed in the fresh California air. We started walking, and I kept staring at all the great sights. I brought my camera in my purse, and was really tempted to take pictures, but I wasn't going to keep stopping us, because I was really hungry.

We finally stopped outside a little cafe. It was so cute! There were little tables set up outside, and they looked perfect in the atmosphere, especially now that the sun just started setting.

We went inside, and ordered our food. I ordered a chicken wrap and an iced tea. and Ian ordered a buffalo wrap and an iced tea as well. I suggested that we sit outside, since it was hot inside the cramped cafe. We sat near the sidewalk, and both dove into our food becuase we were so hungry.

I kept watching the sky as the sun set, and smiled to myself everytime I caught a glimpse of Ian. I couldn't believe that I was actually sitting here with him.

Suddenly, my vision grew foggy. I felt faint, and then I heard voices in my head.

"What do you want me to do? YOU SCREWED IT UP!"

"I can't do anything now sir, she's with him, and the necklace is in the room."

"SEND THE OTHER BOY WITH THE NECKLACE!"

Ian's hands were waving in front of my face, and I faded back into reality.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, you just were staring straight ahead, and statred mumbling random things."

"I have no clue.. but I heard something."

"We better get going. You might just be really tired."

I nodded, and we threw our trash away. We walked to the hotel in silence, until stupid me stepped on a rock and almost faceplanted. Ian reached out to keep me from falling, and I stood back up. He smiled at me, letting me know that I wasn't insane to him.

We got to our hotel floor, and he walked with me to my room, I went to open the door, but my room key wasn't in my purse, and the door was locked. I silently cursed myself.

"What's wrong?" Ian looked confused.

"Forgot my key."

He just chuckled, and I was terrified in that moment.