Life & Death (26)

// Sam's POV \\

I felt the hancuffs dig into my wrists even more, causing me to shriek in pain. My whole body was numb, and my thoughts just floating around without forming ideas.

My makeup was completely ruined, my dress was all ripped up, and my shoes were covered in blood, but worst of all, my heart was broken.

I couldn't believe they blackmailed my own friends! Tears came out even faster as these thoughts clouded my foggy brain.

"You can cry all you want, it won't get you anywhere..."

The familiar raspy voice I had grown to associate with pain and suffering entered the room. My heart just about stopped.

His footsteps echoed in the room as he approached me. I don't even whimper, I just let the silent tears roll down my face, filling the dark room with my silent fears.

His heavy breathing filled the echoes of silence, all until a loud smack snuck into the crevices of tranquility that were left, and filled those too.

I let out a small squeak, which gave him recognition that I felt the pain he caused me, both emotional and physical.

He struck me again, and again, and again, until my vision slowly faded to black...

---------------------------------------------------------

// Ian's POV \\

My body shook profusely as Rachel told me what happened. I begged ber to tell me where Sam was, but she said they would kill us all if she told us, or even showed us.

I stood up and stormed out of the room, heading to my car. I didn't know where I was going, so I just kept driving.

I ended up at a dead end, which happened to be near a cliff.

I hopped out of my car, and walked to the edge.

I stood there, looking out over the landscape. I pondered what it would be like to die here.

I set my foot out off the ledge, making sure my balance was okay. My entire body shook as I leaned over the edge.

Something made me pull my foot back.

I heard a little voice in my head.

"You came this far just to give up? You need to be with her, you know it."

I sighed, and walked back to my car. My entire body was still shaking, but I kept driving straight down what seemed like the longest dirt road ever, until I felt my vision fading to black...

---------------------------------------------------------

// Sam's POV \\

I sat up against the wall, and let out a big sigh.

I then heard some whispers.

I kept yanking on my handcuffs, praying to god that they would leave the wall.

After a few tries, I heard a crack, and pressure was released from my hands.

The handcuffs were gone!

I stood up, and raced to the door on the other side of the room....

Only to have it hit me in the face.

And I swear, as I hit the floor, I saw Ian's face.