Alone & Broken (8)

|| Sam's POV ||

I lied in bed, feeling as empty as ever. I felt like half of me had been ripped off. My heart torn in two, shattered to pieces. I rolled over, reaching for my phone again.

Still nothing from anybody. I had texted everyone back, but it was like I didn't exist.

I let the tears run down my face, not even bothering to wipe them away anymore.

|| Ian's POV ||

I plugged my phone into the charger at the hotel, excited to call Sam. I was so worried about her, but my phone had died. The screen lit up, and I dialed her number without even taking a double take.

"Hello?" She answered, sounding sleepy.

"Hey!" I smiled, knowing she was okay.

I heard some sniffling, and then some shuffiling before she answered again.

"How are you?" Her voice sounded much brighter.

"Good. You?"

"Not good... at all." I heard her voice crack.

I heard some muffled sobs before I decided to speak up again.

"It's ok, you can tell me what happened."

"It's my parents, they got in a car crash..." She started sobbing loudly, and it broke my heart.

"Sam, i'm so sorry." I felt my eyes gloss over.

"I'm so alone.." She spoke softly into the phone.

"I'll be there soon." I stood up from the bed, going to tell Anthony that we weren't staying here tonight.

"What?" Her voice sounded so much more lively.

"I was already on my way, we're in Kansas now."

She screamed into the phone, and I smiled to myself.

I couldn't wait to see her again.

|| Sam's POV ||

I shot up out of my bed, feeling like I finally had some life back in me. He was actually coming to see me!

I heard a knock on my door, and went downstairs. I opened it, only to see a box on the steps. I picked it up carefully, and examined it.

When the heck did I order anything?

I decided to open it, my hands shaking. The box was empty, except for a little note on the bottom.

Watch your back, we're coming for you. See you soon, Sam.

My eyes almost bugged out of my head.

Why was my life so unpredictable?

|| Ian's POV ||

I had dragged everyone out of the hotel, because I needed to see Sam as soon as possible.

"I hate you right now man." I smirked, because it was Anthony's turn to drive.

We started driving, even though it was pitch black out. Anthony was squinting to see the dark road in front of him.

"Man, can you even see?" I looked in the rearview mirror to not only see a sleeping Shane and Greg, but a black car behind us. It was the only car anywhere near us... and it was pretty creepy.

The car stopped, and I sighed before sliding down in my seat.

"All out of gas." Anthony punched the steering wheel, and stared out the window.

I then saw a figure get out of the black car, and walk towards our window.

He had a hood, and he spoke in a deep voice.

"May I help you?"

|| Sam's POV ||

"Sorry miss, but he's dead."

I felt the tears run down my face, and my heart was offically ripped in half. I loved him, and he was taken away from me.

I left the room, and went straight to my car. I drove, not caring where I ended up.

I saw the railings, but I just couldn't stop. I felt the car go flying, and it hit the ground.

"I'm so sorry.." I whispered, just before I closed my eyes, feeling the darkness take over.

I sat up in bed, my heart pounding. I heard my phone buzzing, and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey! We're in Ohio, we'll be there soon." Ian's voice spoke loudly into the phone.

"That's great!" I was trying not to sound to excited, but I was really about to explode.

"I'll see you soon, bye."

"Bye." I hung up, returning to my lonely life.

I hadn't been to school in days, and I had a sudden burst of energy, so I started to get ready. I was going to be hours late, but I just needed to get out of the house. Badly.

I quickly walked there, and pressed the button outside the door. The woman at the front desk told me to come in, and I tried to sneak past her desk.

"Scuse me miss, do you have a parent to sign you in?"

Dammit.

"Uh, no, you see-"

"Well, i'm going to have to call your parents."

"Uh, my parents are dead..."

She raised her eyebrows at me, and told me to leave her office. It was like I killed my own parents.

I walked to my locker, trying not to get caught roaming the halls. I opened it, and the bell rung for 5th period. I quickly got what I need before my friends found me and asked me 50 questions. My phone buzzed, and I texted Ian that I was in class and that I would call him later.

I headed to my Psychology class, and sat in my seat near the back. I took Psych only because I needed it to get into the career I wanted. I wanted to be a music therapist. I love music, and I tought it would be cool to heal people through what I love. The teacher hated me though.

He took roll, and a lot of people stared at me when I actually answered when my name was called. I pretended to be reading something in my book until the teacher started talking about how people connect or something. I was busy writing in my red notebook. I was doodling around where Ian and Anthony signed their names. I smiled to myself everytime I looked at them. They filled me with happiness.

"Samantha, are you listening?"

I looked up.

"Uh yeah."

"Then what was I saying?"

I gulped, dropping my pencil onto my notebook. He walked over to my desk, and picked up my notebook. He looked at the page I was on, and then just took it. I sat there in shock.  

"You might not get this back. It's a waste of a good notebook."

I stood up from my desk, and walked toawrds him.

"I worked for years on this notebook! You can't just take it!"

I reached for the notebook, but he slapped me. I heard many gasps, and heard people whispering. I hit him back, reaching for my notebook. I didn't care what happened. He was not taking this notebook.

Next thing I knew, I was throwing a punch at his face and my notebook hit the floor. I ran and got my books, heading for the door. I sprinted down the hallway, not bothering to look back.