Hair & Eyes (14)

|| ???'s POV ||

I felt like everything we had worked to was falling apart. Nothing was being done, all because I hired a bunch of idiots. They all let her get away, and now she's extremely happy, when she should actually be the opposite.

"How can you even let her slide right past you, just like that? SHE WAS RIGHT THERE! BY HERSELF!"

I pulled out my gun, and left the room.

I guess if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself.

|| Sam's POV ||

I scrolled down my Tumblr dash, and hummed along to my blasting music. I saw someone walk into my room, and shut my laptop, revealing Ian standing in front of me. He just looked at me, and then threw a paper at me.

"What the hell...?"

I looked at the paper, and giggled.

Sam,

I just wanted to know if you want to get pizza with me. Like, on a date. I mean, only if you want to.

- Ian ^.^

I looked up, and giggled.

"You are one of the cutest people ever." I stood up, and walked towards him.

"I take that as a yes?" He smiled, and kissed me.

"Of course." I whispered.

|| A few minutes later ||

I was ready to go, yet I was kinda nervous. I had no idea why, I just had this strange feeling in my stomach. I tried to ignore it, and went downstairs.

The guys were sitting on the couch, all talking. They all looked at me like I was some kind of an exhibit at a museum, before turning their heads towards Ian. I rolled my eyes and he stood up. I wasn't even wearing a dress or anything, there was nothing interesting to look at.

Ian and I left, deciding to walk to a pizza place just down the street. It only took about 15 minutes to get there, but I was still really hungry.

We ended sitting up on the balcony, which had a really nice view. I could see the sunset perfectly, and took about a million pictures of Ian in front of it.

We talked about pretty much everything, up until the sun had finally set. We left the pizza place, and started walking home.

It was eerily quiet. No cars on the road, and it was pitch black.

However, I felt safe because Ian's arm was around my waist.

The only sound was our footsteps, until we stopped by the mailbox so I could grab bills and stuff.

My heart pounded a bit faster when I heard a single car stop right behind us, and a person got out.

I quickly shut the mailbox, and started walking a bit faster, Ian right next to me.

We almost made it to the door, until I smelled some type of gas, and blacked out.

|| Some time later ||

I woke up, I was in a dark room, but I could see a light across the room. It was very faint, but it was there.

"Hello?" My voice was hoarse, but I managed to squeak it out.

Someone across the room stood up, and ran towards me. It was a girl, and she had a flashlight. From what I could tell, she had curly brown hair, and bright blue eyes. She was young, like 5 or 6. She sat next to me, and I felt strange, like I knew her.

"You came back, just like you promised." She spoke softly, like she was afraid to be heard.

Suddenly, a door slammed, lights turned on, and she was gone.

"Well well well, you woke up, finally." There was a man, he looked quite familiar. I just couldn't tell who it was.

He walked closer to me, and then kicked me square in the stomach. I yelped in pain, and he kicked me again.

"You just want to be killed, don't you?" He walked away, and started to puch many buttons on a now visable machine.

A big screen appeared on the wall, and another dark room was shown. I saw a figure sitting in the corner, not moving a single bit.

"Hm, he seems to still need work."

He? It must be Ian! I looked down at my necklace, and held it tightly in my hands.

The man had eyes in the back of his head of something, because he turned around and stormed towards me. He picked me up by my hair, and slammed me off the wall. I screamed in pain.

"What is the little thing around your neck? I want it, whatever it is."

I couldn't give him the necklace. It would be like giving up a piece of my heart!

I had no choice but to take it off. I handed it to him, and he smirked at it.

Suddenly, the figure moved on the screen in front of us. It's head snapped up, and stood up quickly.

"Sam? Sam!"

My heart sunk into my feet, and my body was frozen against the wall.

It was Ian.

I screamed, and slid down the wall. The man came over, and kicked me again. I just whimpered, tears streaming down my face.

He left, and I starting sobbing a bit louder. I kept glancing at the screen, and saw Ian get more and more frustrated with each minute we were here.

I saw the man enter his room, and my heart pounded a million times faster. He kicked Ian, and then punched him square in the face.

I was now screaming at the top of my lungs, tears covering my face. My voice was slowly cracking as I screamed, but i wouldn't give up. I watched Ian get beat up, and couldn't do a thing. I felt like my heart was being shattered, after it was just fixed.

I sat down, pulling my feet into my chest. I sobbed, not able to watch the screen anymore. It would cause too much pain.

"Are you ok?" A little voice asked.

I looked up, and saw the little girl. She was still the same age, and looked exactly the same as before.

"Who are you?" I tilted my head, trying to recognize her face.

She just giggled.

"You need the necklace, it hold the key to escaping this place. Only true love can save you."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't tell you, but I can say that I will see you... soon."

And just as soon as she came, she went.

I was back at square one, clueless and afraid.