Woods & Home (16)

I sat down, terrified to hear this "news".

"Miss, we have some unfortunate news."

I gulped, and twisted my ring on my finger.

"It's about your husband. He's.. he's been shot."

|| Sam's POV ||

Ian and I ran thorugh the woods, no clue what was going on. We heard yelling and gunshots around us, but we kept going towards a tiny speck of light in front of us.

A gunshot rang throughout the forest, and the bullet flew right by my head. I bit my lip, and kept running.

"Where the hell are we gonna go?" I yelled to Ian.

"The closest public place." He grabbed my hand, and we sprinted even faster towards the light.

We finally reached the edge of the forest, and saw a familiar street.

Karen and Jess's street?

At least we weren't far from home.

We continued to run, trying to make it home. We were both tired of running, but we couldn't just give up.

I kept hearing bullets, and saw them hitting things around us. We reached the main road, and all we had to do was cross it and run down to my house.

A black van screeched across the road, and the doors opened.

I jumped into the road, and bolted across it, looking back to see Ian following not far behind. A knife nicked my ear, just missing my head.

I flew towards the house, and ran around back. Ian and I rushed through the door, seeing a bunch of worried people sitting on our couch.

Oh. Yeah. We kinda disappeared. For a while.

I collapsed onto the ground, and Ian sat down, propping me up next to him. I just fell back over.

"WHERE THE HELL DID YOU TWO DISAPPEAR OFF TO?" Everybody screamed at the same time, so it sounded really shrill.

I sighed, and sat back up.

"We were kidnapped."

|| Ian's POV ||

I sat there, listening to Sam tell the lovely story about our kidnapping, and the little girl. Everybody looked terrified, except for us.

I mean, we lived it. There was absolutely nothing to be scared of for us.

"Who was the little girl?" Anthony asked.

"No clue. She kinda appeared at random times." Sam looked down, twiddling her thumbs.

"She came to see me once, but she just gave me this paper and left." I pulled it out of my pocket, and Sam rushed over.

She read it carefully, her eyes bugging out of her head. She showed me, and I realized why she was so shocked.

See you soon! Don't forget about me. Well, it's kind of impossible to forget.

- Grace

Grace was Sam's middle name.

Maybe it was a coincidence? Probably not.

Sam turned away, and went upstairs. I didn't know if I should follow her, so I looked to her friends for advice.

"I would give her a few minutes to calm down." Becca said "She wants to be alone, I can tell."

Calm down? She might be up there, crying. I sighed, and sat on the couch. Becca sat down right next to Anthony, and I raised my eyebrows at them.

I looked down at the paper again, and kept reading it over and over again.

I then heard a clamor from upstairs, and then a bloodcurling scream.

What the hell?

I ran upstairs, and saw the lights on in the bedroom.

Sam was just sitting there, her whole body shaking.

"What happened?" I slowly approached her, and she jumped up like 5 feet into the air when she heard me.

She pointed to her jewelry box, and I opened the top of it. There was a blood covered piece of paper, and I picked it up. 

They found me... I'm so sorry... please don't forget about me... goodbye... mom... dad...

The paper then became to blood stained to read.  

I looked at Sam, and she had tears in her eyes. I walked over to her, and hugged her. She sobbed into my chest, and I rubbed her back.

I didn't even know what to do anymore.

|| Sams' POV ||

After crying for what seemed like the millionth time over the past few weeks, I returned downstairs. I luckily had no makeup to fix, I didn't even bother anymore.

I walked into the kitchen, and looked for some food. I hadn't even realized how hungry I was. I hadn't eaten in days!

I grabbed a bottle of water, and a little bag of chips. I sat on the empty chair in the living room, and joined the Harry Potter party.

We ended up watching almost all of the movies, until everyone started falling asleep. I ended being one of the last people awake, along with Ian, Becca, and Anthony.

 I yawned, and stood up as the last movie ended. I looked out the window, and saw the sun starting to rise.

Had we really watched those movies all night?

I slowly dragged myself upstairs, and plopped down on the bed in my room. I closed my eyes, until I heard Ian lay down next to me. He nudged me, and I opened my eyes again.

He smiled at me, and then hugged me, pulling me closer. I rolled my eyes at him, and closed my eyes yet again.

I stood up, not sure where I was. All I saw was a screen in front of me, and nothing but darkness in the distance.

A video started playing on the screen, so my head snapped back towards it.

There were two people, and a little baby. The baby was walking towards the man, who I assumed was the father. The man laughed a hearty laugh, and the woman moved over to them, throwing her arms around both of them.

The baby had blue eyes, and looked full of good spirit and energy. The parents watched as the baby continued to walk around the room, and smiled at eachother.

My eyes snapped open again, and I thought of Grace. I nudged Ian, and he opened his eyes sleepily.

"Huh?" He yawned, and I shot out of bed.

I ran over to the jewelry box, and opened the top of it.

Sure enough, there was another note.

You must never take off the necklace, no matter what. It will save you.

- Grace

I looked down, and held my necklace tightly in my hand.

I had never planned on taking it off, but now I was sure it was never leaving my neck.