Freedom & True Love (28)

// Sam's POV \\

I heard Grace speak, but what she said was inaudible. The invisible pressure surrounded us, and almost swallowed us whole.

I heard Grace begin to speak again, and this time I understood.

"You two have 48 hours to reunite, before it's too late..."

And with that, she was gone. All the madness and sounds had disappeared, it was just silent. I found myself in the dark room again, and all hope seemed to be gone. The handcuffs just continued to dig into my wrists as I endlessly pulled myself away from the wall I was attached to. My whole body ached in both physical and emotional pain, and it was almost to the point where I just wanted to end it all.

"Well I see we have a feisty one, don't we?" A deep voice roared into the never-ending darkness that swallowed the room- or chamber that I was being held in. All I could do at this point was whimper in pain, so that's exactly what I did. All it did was create a light chuckling in the air, coming from the direction of the voice.

"I know you've been talking to Grace. She needs to learn to keep her nosy ass out of this whole goddamn situation. What the fuck did she tell you?" His voice only inched closer with every word.

"Nothing you need to know, asshole."

Smack.

His hand harshly came in contact with my face, causing me to scream out in pure pain. My suffering echoed against the walls filled with pure darkness, the noise ringing harshly in my eardrums.

Dark laughter just continued to spill out of my abductor's mouth as he watched my face scrunch up as a bruise formed.

More pain continued to be inflicted onto my body as I continued to refused to give any information on what Grace has told me and Ian. At this rate, I would be dead in a matter of minutes, which I was completely fine with.

Ian.

I forgot about him.

I can't die here, not without saying goodbye. He would never be able to live with himself, and I don't need him ending his life. I can't let anybody else die, including myself.

So, with that being said, I had to save myself first. Reaching deep, deep down into my inner core I found enough strength to lift up my foot and aim it right at a place where a man would not want to be kicked.

"FUCK! YOU LITTLE WHO-" His voice was cut off by my other heel digging right into his nose, causing him to just scream out in total agony. I was able to see his body crumple to the ground, and that's when I caught a glimpse of his face for the first time.

My Psychology teacher..? Really? No wonder he hated me..

I looked up towards the ceiling and pulled away from the wall as hard as I physically could. I prayed to every god possible, and mostly prayed that Grace would come to save the day.

But I knew she couldn't save me forever.

I let out a powerful screech, the walls almost vibrating from my sound. I comtinued wailing, kicking and pulling until I heard cracking. I knew it seemed wild, but it seemed like a new force had risen inside my body.

I used every ounce of power I could willingly exert to fully seperate myself from the wall. Needless to say, I was a sweaty and shaken up mess.

Slowly, I made my way through the room, holding my hands out in front of me to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Smack.

Wow, great job Sam. You ran right into a metal wall. Or is it a door?

I reached down, and sure enough there was a knob. I slowly turned it, letting light into the pitch black room I was chained in just a few moments ago.

I was now standing in a parking lot, but I had no idea where I was. It was sunset, and it looked like there was still nothing for miles.

How great. I just manage to escape, only to end up in the middle of nowhere. I made my way back into the dark building, fumbling for a lightswitch.

Flick.

And with that, the room flooded with light, allowing me to see my bag im the corner of the room. I quickly ran over, only to be stopped in my tracks by a hand tightly gripping my wrist.

"Oh honey, you didn't think I would go down that easy, did you?"

SHIT!

A sharp pain filled my entire back, and then I heard something slip out of my body. I heard something clatter to the ground, and then I slowly slumped onto the cold floor myself, feeling my own blood pool around me.

I guess this really is the end. Grace really can't save me forever.

Tears slid down my face as I clutched my moon necklace and prayed that Ian would be okay.

// Ian's POV \\

Blinding pain shot through my body as I sped down the desert roads. I don't know why the hell I was going this way, but I was, and goddammit I should be able to do what I want.

The road slowly curved into a wooded area, and also went from an actual road to just dirt.

Where the hell am I going?

I watched as a tall man exited a small metal building... literally in the middle of nowhere.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He yelled as he approached my car.

"I honestly don't know, I was just driving and I got here."

"Well if you're looking for your little girl toy, she's inside. Dying." With that, he walked away with a smirk on his face.

My entire face drained of color, my body went completely numb, and I felt everything go blurry. I stumbled out of the car, hurrying to the building.

"Nononono, no..."

I tore open the door, and there she was. Bleeding on the metal floor, one hand tightly holding on to her necklace, tears stained on her face. Her lifeless body was limp in my arms, and I felt tears silently fall down my face. I heard sirens and static in my ears, but no noise could come from my mouth. This wasn't happening. She wasn't really dead.

My lips pressed onto hers, but there was no spark. Just an eerie ice cold feeling. I held her in my arms, audible sobs escaping my lips.

"I-i'm supposed to protect you, supposed to save you.."

"I'm the one for you, you're mine.."

"I'm yours."

-----------------------

author's note!!

i haven't updated in literally months, but i'm back and better than ever. i'm sorry if this chapter made you cry, but i promise it's not over. just a few more chapters until i finish my first official fanfic!!

- sam :)