Here & Healing (9)

|| Sam's POV ||

I dialed Ian's number, whipping open my locker. I heard the 6th period bell ring, and decided to hide in the chaos. I heard his voice as people left their classrooms, and I spoke quietly so I wouldn't be seen.

"I need you to save me, as soon as possible."

"Sure, we're like 10 minutes away from you're house according to my GPS." He sounded exhausted.

"I need you to change your plans. Can you come to my school?" I crossed my fingers.

"Sure, just tell me where."

I told him, and I told him to meet me in the main hall. I multiple people call out my name, but I ignored them all. I let the tears run down my face, shoving things into my bag. I ran to the main hall, only to hear my name being shouted by a familiar voice. I saw Rachel, and ran towards her. The hallway was chaos, because I was being hunted down during the rush between 5th and 6th period. I wiped away my tears, and then I heard something that almost made my heart stop.

"OH MY GOD SMOSH!" Rachel screamed at the top of her lungs.

I turned around, and saw Ian. I ran toawrds him, and hugged him. Right there, in the hallway. I felt safe for the first time in days. I sobbed loudly, and he comforted me.

It was like all time had slowed down.

I felt like I was being tugged away from him, and to my surprise, I actually was. These people who were hunting me down held me tight, not letting me go. I wasn't losing Ian now that he had come all this way for me. I kicked my legs violently, hoping for an escape. I felt like I was so small, like I didn't matter. The whole world froze as I looked into Ian's blue eyes. They looked different. Almost like they were full of tears. He looked like he was going to cry. The hallway slowly emptied, and the big men let me down.

I wiped my tears, reaching out to Ian. My hand was slapped down. I yelped in pain, and Ian's eyes filled with tears even more at my cry. The guards talked to my teacher, and we had to stand out in the hallway for a long time. Before I knew it, the bell rung again. People once again crowded the hallways, staring at us. Ian held me close, and my group of friends was staring at us. I felt like I was an animal at a zoo. I turned around, even though I knew they were staring.

"What are we gonna do...?" I trailed off, looking down at the ground.

He tilted my chin uo so I could look at him.

"We'll make it. We'll get out of here and we'll make it."

I really hoped it was all true, because I couldn't handle anymore of this. My teacher walked over, and Ian made sure I was close in case anything happened.

"I have decided not to make this a big deal because of everything you've been through lately."

I glared at him before answering.

"Thanks. I guess."

He walked away, and the guards said we were free to go.

We left the building as the hallways cleared. I made sure I had everything I needed, because I wouldn't be coming back for a while.

We drove back to my house, laughing the whole way there. I discovered that Shane and Greg had also come along.

We pulled up in the driveway, and all got out of the car. I opened the door to one of my favorite places.

|| Ian's POV ||

The house was so cool! It was decorated in a pretty modern way. Sam walked over to the stairs, and I followed. She showed me her room, which was beautiful. And I wasn't just saying that because it was hers. It had one Turquiose wall, and there was a Paris theme.

"I see you like Paris." I looked around, seeing all the wall decorations.

"Yeah, i've always wanted to go." She threw her purse on the floor, and took off her jacket, hanging up on a rack on her door. She walked into the bathroom, where there was a cute little bunny. It was white, with brown and black spots.

"This is Toasty, my mom named him." Sam took him out of the cage, and held him close to her. SHe rocked him almost babylike, and I chuckled a bit.

"He's so cute!" I walked over and petted him.

"If you hold your hand close, he might lick it."

I held my hand near his face, and felt a little tongue dart all over it. I smiled, and continued to pet him.

Sam then put him back in the cage. She got some hay from the cupboard, and set it in the food dish. He started eating pretty quickly.

I walked out, returning to Sam's room. I sat on the bed, and she started picking up some things. She moved something in a case, maybe an instrument?

"Do you play something?" I pointed to the case, and she turned around.

"Oh yeah, i've been playing clarinet for years. I also play mallet instruments like xylophone and marimba." She picked up the case, and sat next to me.

"I met one of my good friends Maddie in band. We were the only two playing clarinet in 6th grade, and we became really good friends."

She opened the case, revealing the pieces of it. She quickly put it together, and set the case on the bed. She started playing something that sounded Egyptian. She played for a few minutes before finishing. I clapped, because it was pretty good. She bowed, giggling.

"That was my marching band show in 7th grade, it was my firstt year. I'm shocked that I remember it."

I nodded, and she set it down against her dresser. She sat down next to me yet again, and I kept reading the quotes on her wall.

"I really like your house." I was trying to make small talk.

"Thanks. I really like it too." I chuckled. She was really a funny person.

We talked about everything from childhood stories to our least favorite sodas.

It felt like life was for once, perfect.

(AN: I realized that if you listen to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri while reading this you will probably cry. Sorry not sorry.)