Heartbroken & Afraid (15)

I wanted nothing more than to give up. I wanted to die, I could feel the tears running down my face, my entire body frozen in place.

"Mommy?" Grace came in, jumping onto the bed.

"What's wrong?" She looked at me, worry in her eyes.

"Nothing. Why don't you have your brother take you to get ice cream or something?" I wiped my tears, not wanting to scare her.

"Ice cream? Yay!" She ran out, yelling down the hall.

I returned to crying, wondering how I made it this far.

|| Sam's POV ||

I snapped my head up, and saw nothing but the metal walls staring back at me.  I frowned, and put my head in my hands.

How the hell had I gotten myself into this mess I call my life?

I stood up, and started pacing around the room. I turned to face the wall, and kicked it violently.

I then heard the door open, and whipped around.

"Good morning, my dear."

I rolled my eyes, and turned away from him. I slowly walked towards a random corner, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, and slapped his hand away.

"Don't fucking touch me." I glared at him, my eye brimming with tears.

He saw my eyes, and slapped me right in the face. I saw the big screen camera behind us, and saw Ian watching the scene unfold. HIs eyes were wide, and glossy.

The man kicked and punched me, and I had no choice but to take the beating.

All until I found his weakness.

He hit me in the face, and I grabbed his arm in midair. I reached out to slap him, but he put a hand around my neck. I could barely gasp for air, but I kicked him. I kicked his legs until he keeled over, a heap on the ground. I smiled, satisfied with my work.

I ran towards the screen, locking eyes with Ian. He looked at me, his eyes full of the same pain I was in. I suddenly felt a hand pushing me down, and I hit the ground.

I looked up, only to see the same guy. He looked down at me, and then just left.

I stood up, coughing up a little blood.

I looked at the camera, and saw a tear run down Ian's face. I couldn't hold it in, so I just broke down bawling.

I sat down, looking like an idiot, my knees pulled into my chest. I saw a glance of the screen, and heard a door slam. I heard yelling, and a body being slammed into the wall.

I heard those damn voices in my head again, telling me to give up. They always came at the worse time, when I felt weak. I had learned to ignore them.

I suddenly heard a bloodcurling scream, and heard sometihng hit the floor.

I shot my head up, and saw the screen. Ian was laying on the ground, not moving.

My heart stopped, and I felt like it was hard to breathe. I felt dizzy, not sure what was going on.

He couldn't die... I was nothing without him.

I screamed until I had no air left.  

I looked again at the screen, and felt my body go cold. I had no reason left to live, he was my fucking life. HE SAVED ME, AND I LET HIM DIE!

I pounded my fists on the ground, and heard the door open.

"Here's your damn necklace." He tossed it at me, and I clutched it to my chest.

This was my only piece left of him.

I felt my hands shaking as the man dragged something in.

"Congrats." He left, and I dropped the necklace.

It was Ian's body.

I couldn't move, it was like my body was paralyzed yet again.

"He loved you, he died for you." I heard the little's girl voice, and she appeared in front of his body.

She used some force, and I appeared next to his body. I shrieked, not able to look at him... his eyes empty. They were still blue, yet they were drained of color. His face looked free of pain, yet he looked so empty.

I picked up his hand, and shivered from the cold of his comforting hands. I had the necklace in my hand now, and I wrapped my free hand around it.

I looked down at him, and felt like a piece of me had died, and was never coming back.

I felt the tears fall onto him, and didn't care that this little girl was watching.

She guided my hand to his chest, right over his heart. I raised my eyebrows at her, and she motioned to his lips.

I leaned in, and kissed him, feeling my stomach churn with the same feeling as always. However, instead of meeting his warm lips, they were ice cold. I felt my head spin, and then I almost passed out.

I felt his lips fill with warmth.

I pulled away, and saw his eyes fill with a familiar gleam. His face recolored, and my heart was beating really fast. He coughed, and I threw my arms around him. He hugged me tightly, and then kissed me. I felt complete again.

The little girl tapped my shoulder, and I faced her.

Ian looked scared, and pretty confused. The little girl just laughed, and we had no idea why.

She then walked to a random corner, and tapped on it 3 times. The wall crumbled, and she motioned for us to go through it.

We went through, but I turned around before we went outside.

"Who are you?" I looked at her quizzically.

"You'll know. When the time comes."

And just like that, she disappeared.

Ian and I continued to crawl through the tunnel, until we got outside. We were in a forest, and I groaned when I saw that it was dark outside, and I couldn't see anything.

Suddenly, an alarm went off.

"ATTENTION ALL STAFF: THE TWO SUBJECTS HAVE GONE MISSING, PLEASE SEARCH THE GROUNDS OF THE CAMP"

Ian and I looked at eachother, before bolting deep into the woods.