Weirdos & Dates (12)

|| Sam's POV ||

I woke up, and heard voices whispering in the hallway. What the hell?

"They are SO together dude, it's obvious."

"Are you positive, they might not like this at all."

"Whatever man. i'm doing this."

I couldn't tell who it was, so I just buried my face in Ian's chest, trying to fall back asleep. After a few minutes, I felt him move around, so I looked up to see if he was awake, and he was. I looked into his bright blue eyes, and instantly filled with happiness.

Neither of us wanted to get up, so we just layed there, in silence. All until I heard a bunch of people yelling downstairs. I sighed, and we both got up. I groggily got up, and slowly made my way down the stairs. My eyes almost came out of my sockets when I saw the sight in the living room.

My friends had somehow all teleported here, and they were having some sort of party?

They all looked at me, and then behind me, where Ian was coming down the stairs.

"What the hell is going on?"

"Well, we kinda invited your friends over to help us out." Anthony rocked back and forth on his heels, and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"With bringing our stuff in, it all shipped today.."

He looked like he was hiding something, so I just rolled my eyes and turned around. Ian went upstairs, and I followed.

I sat on the bed, feeling stressed for some reason. Ian was in the bathroom, so I tried to hide myself under the blankets. It was stupid, but I just wanted to be alone. He must've gotten the hint, because I heard him go downstairs.

I layed there, thinking about pretty much the past few years of my life. My world got turned upside down in 6th grade, I was falling apart. I didn't want to be here anymore, and I was about to give up. I was only kept going by small things, until marching band season.

I loved it, and I never wanted it to end. I kept going, getting better each day. I met some of my best friends there, even though they were older than me. I haven't talked to some of them for a while, they were all in college. I then turned to Youtube as the season winded down, and that's when Smosh took over my life.

I had been subscribed to them for years, but hadn't been that obsessed. I started watching them over Christmas breka in 7th grade, and they took over my brain. I got my friends obsessed, particurally Becca.

They really have saved me. I remember one time, I got in a fight with my mom. I was always fighting with her about something. I was so upset, I had been on edge all week. I just felt slowly like I was breaking apart again, until I thought about all the things that were good in my life.

Smosh was the thing that popped into my head. I remembered that I needed them, and they were my "angels" in a sort of way. They kept me going that night, and still continue to give me motivation.

I broke out of my thought train, and pulled myself out of the hot mess of blankets that I was tangled up in. I got dressed, and dragged myself downstairs. It was now empty in the living room, and there was a note on the table.

Hey Sam,

We went to the store, be back later.

- Ant(hony)

I finally had the house to myself! I plopped on the couch, and turned on the TV.

What the hell? There was a sticky note on the screen.

Samuel, we need your help, come over to Karen's house and we can discuss it!

- your "squad"

I sighed, and stood up. I got in my car, driving to Karen's house.

Why coudln't people just leave me alone for a few seconds?

I pulled up in the driveway, and saw Ian standing outside.

What the hell was going on?

I walked over to him, and he smiled at me, although he looked kinda nervous. He smiled at me, and then handed me a notecard.

I know this is strange and enexpected, but all of your friends and my friends planned the perfect date for us. Maybe you'd like to say yes?

I looked up at him, and smiled.

"Yes."

He kissed me, and I heard a bunch of cheering and whooping behind us.

I pulled away, and he led me to the car. We drove off, everybody fading away to tiny black dots behind us.

|| Ian's POV ||

I was so freaking nervous. She had actually said yes! Our friends had planned something really cool for us, a walk on the beach, and then a picnic on the sand. I was hoping everything would go well.

She kept looking at me, and then smiling.

"What are you smiling about?" She blushed, and tried to hide it.

I kept driving, and we finally reached the beach. Sam got out, and she looked extremely excited.

"Woah..." I heard her say under her breath. She walked over to me, and looked at me in awe.

"Is this real? Am I dreaming?" She looked so happy, she couldn't stop smiling.

I put my arm around her waist, and we started walking towards the waves.

|| Sam's POV ||

I couldn't believe it. This was exactly what I wanted my first date to be like.

We started walking along the sand, letting the waves freely splash us. I could see something on the ground in the distance, and it was making me even more excited.

I took my heels off, and started running in the waves. I felt like a little kid again. I heard Ian laughing, and then he joined me. We just splashed eachother for a while, nonstop laughter.

A little bit later, we reached a blanket that had stuff on top of it, which looked like picnic stuff. Ian sat down, so I sat across from him. We ate, and watched the sunset. It was like a scene out of a movie.

We just layed there, staring up at the sky. I felt sleepy, but I was trying to keep my eyes open.

Eventually, Ian whispered to me that we had to go. We got up, and walked back to the car.

I fell asleep on the way home, and that was about everything I remembered from that night.