Fights & Drinking (20)

|| Sam's POV ||

I saw her fist heading towards my face, and my whole world started spinning. What was even happening?

I saw the many shocked faces of my friends appear behind us, and then my eyes landed on Ian. He looked like he was going to lose it in about 3 seconds.

I looked back at the bitch who was trying to fight me, and everything slowed down, like some kind of action movie.

Her fist headed towards my face, but I grabbed her hand in midair. She looked at me with anger, envy, and god knows what other feeling she had bottled up in there. I stood there, holding her fist tightly. I could hear the endless screams of "FIGHT!", but I ignored them.

I stared at her, with a look of utter and complete confusion. Why was she still trying to fight me after all these years?

Her eyes were full of anger, and the familiar pain that I was used to seeing in her. I dropped her hand, and braced for impact.

But she didn't punch me. She just stood there, looking into what seemed be my soul. I raised my eyebrows at her, and she just walked away.

What the hell?

People started walking away, but I just stood there, against the wall. Ian walked up to me, and brushed a piece of hair away from my face.

"What the hell was that about?" He whispered.

"I have no idea." I grumbled.

He kissed my forehead, and then led me over to a group of our friends. They were all sitting in a circle, just talking away. Amdis and Candace had joined the circle, along with my other close friend, Jess.

I sat down in an empty spot, Ian sitting next to me. He wrapped his arm around me, and I moved closer to him. The newer additions to our circle raised their eyebrows at us, and Candace made a little 'aww' noise. I rolled my eyes at them, and they just smiled at me in return.

I tried to fucus in on the conversation, but I trailed off in my thoughts as usual. I always found some way to wrap myself in what I was thinking, forgetting everything else for a while.

"Sam?" A voice pulled me back into reality.

"Huh?" I shook my head, the house becoming full of commotion once again.

"Do you want a drink?" Ian looked at me, and I nodded.

He went to go get our drinks, and everyone else in the circle continued to talk. They were all arguing over something, and I just rolled my eyes. Amdis scooted closer to me, and smiled brightly.

"So, who's the guy?" She nudged me, and gestured over to Ian.

"Oh," I blushed, "- that's Ian. I met him over the summer. You know, in person. I've known him for years before that. He just didn't know me."

My whole face was red, I didn't even have to see it to know.

"Wow. You guys really seem to have this connection." She looked over at him, and then back at me.

"I could really see you guys being together for a while." 

I had no words, just smiles. She understood that.

Ian finally came back, and handed me a cup. I officially introduced Ian to Amdis, and we all started talking. I just couldn't bring myself to take a sip of my drink. It was definitely alcohol.

"Um, excuse me for a second." I got up, looking for a bathroom.

I saw one down the hallway, and I ran towards it.

I threw the door open, and luckily it was empty. I put my hands on the counter, huffing as I looked up into the mirror. My bright red lipstick made my face look even paler than I already was. My hair was starting to fall out of the bun, so I started fixing it. I then heard the door open.

"Hey sweetie." An obviously drunk man stumbled in, and I just ignored him.

I saw his arm swing out towards me, and he tried to pull me towards him. I screeched and ducked, dodging his grip.

He then grabbed me by my hair, and pulled me up. I looked at him, and saw a mix of many emotions in his eyes. I gulped, and he let me go. My feet stayed frozen to the floor, and my legs were shaking harder than ever before.

I slowly backed away from him, but he kept following me.

"C'mon, babe, don't do this." He reached his hand out, expecting me to come closer.

I shook my head, and felt like crying. I also felt my back press against the wall, and he still kept walking towards me. He stood so close to me, I could feel his alcohol-filled breath on my face.

He went to kiss me, but I reached my hand up to slap him. He caught it in midair, and pinned it up above my head. I screamed in pain, but he ignored me. He also took my other hand, giving me no defense. I was screaming for help, but nobody heard me.  

His lips were about to touch mine, when I heard someone screech from across the room.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" Amdis was standing behind us, her cup on the floor.

I burst into tears, and the man backed away from me. I looked at him, fury in my eyes. I wanted to punch him, but he beat me to it.

His fist connected to my face, and I hit the floor. Amdis screamed once more, and I then heard her run away to get help.

The man looked down at me, and mumbled.

"That's what you get for being like that... babe..."

I looked back down at the floor, my tears forming a puddle around my face. The man stood next to me, obviously waiting for my friends to come back.

"What the hell?!?!" I heard a million people shout at once.

"Sam!" I heard Ian call out, and then I saw his face appear next to me.

"Oh my god, Sam, what happened?" His voice was shaky, and his eyes were brimming with tears at the sight of my bruised and bleeding face.

I just coughed, and reached out for his hand. I grasped it tightly, and felt more tears falling from my eyes.

"What is this?" The man yelled.

"You punched her, didn't you?" Ian stood up, and I sat up against the wall.

He walked towards the man, and hit him square in the face. I screamed when the man threw a punch back, and jumped up from the ground.

"Ian!" I screamed, lunging towards him.

He turned around, just as the man was kicked to the floor. He hugged me tightly, and I cried into his shoulder.

"It's ok. You're ok." He whispered in my ear.

I forgot that all of my friends were watching, just for a moment. It was just us, standing here. He pulled away, and pressed his forehead against mine. I looked into his eyes, and then down at his lips.

"We'll all be okay, someday." He whispered, so quiet that only the two of us could hear.