Graduating & Surprises (23)

// Sam's POV \\

I looked in the mirror at my outfit for the last day of school, ever.

I had on a Smosh shirt, my signature black jeans, and my Vans.

I threw my purse over my shoulder and headed downstairs.

"You ready?" Ian smiled up at me.

"Of course." I giggled and headed out to the car.

It was finally going to be over. I was going to be free of all the stress. All the anxiety.

Ian drove me to school for the last time, both of us all smiles.

I got out of the car, and saw my friends standing outside waiting for me. I smiled brightly at them, and they just laughed.

"You really are excited to be done here." Rachel said, punching my arm.

|| Later that day ||

I skipped out of the school with my friends, and we all piled into the car with Ian.

"Hellooo!" I said, kissing his cheek.

"No PDA please!" Karen yelled from the backseat. I just made a face at her in the rearview mirror.

We arrived at my house, and everyone started getting ready for graduation and the graduation party.

I looked in the mirror, at my turquoise dress that stopped just above my knees. I had on white heels, and some very light makeup. I then looked over at my gold cap and gown laying on my bed. I carried them downstairs, along with my small purse.

My friends were all down there, and all looked amazing. Rachel had on a shorter silver dress, Karen had on a long red dress, and Becca had a black dress on that was similar in length to mine. They were all holding their caps and gowns, waiting for their dates.

"You guys all look amazing." I said.

"Well don't forget about yourself, Sam." Becca smiled warmly at me, and then pointed at something behind me.

I turned around, and saw all the guys standing there, smiling at us. They weren't wearing tuxes yet, but still dressed up nice.

Ian smiled brightly at me, and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"You look beautiful." He whispered in to my ear.

I smiled and blushed a deep crimson color.

He linked arms with me, and we walked out the door. We got into our cars, and headed to the school, and the guys dropped us off.

We waved goodbye to them, and walked into the lobby in our caps and gowns.

Everybody was yelling and acting way too dramatic, so I told my friends that I was going to run down to the band room to get pictures before we left.

As I predicted, other band kids from my year were there. I saw Jess, and she ran over to hug me.

"Sam! I've been looking for you, c'mon, Maddie wants to say hi!"

She grabbed my arm and dragged my over to my band friends.

"Sam!!!" Maddie ran to me, almost knocking me over.

"Hey!- oof!" I grunted as she knocked the air out of me.

The next thing I knew, everyone was hugging me, and I heard the sound of a camera go off.

Everyone let go, and I could finally breathe. I tried my best to update them all on my life, since I hadn't really been in school for half the year.

Maddie of course giggled like an idiot when I told them all about Ian.

Eventually, a teacher came in and told us it was time to head over to the stadium.

We arrived about 20 minutes later, and lined up in pairs outside the stadium. Me and Becca were luckily put together.

"You ready for this?" I asked, and she neevously fiddled with the sleeve of her gown.

"As ready as I can be." She said, giving me a half smile.

I looked up, and saw the first few students give the signal to start walking.

I heard the band start to play Pomp and Circumstance, remembering all the years I had played it. I now got to listen to it, and enjoy its full effect.

We slowly walked towards the outdoor stage area, and I scanned the crowd for the guys. I saw them waving, and nudged Becca to look. We both smiled brightly at them.

// Ian's POV \\

I spotted Sam, walking alongside Becca, they both looked up and smiled up at us.

Sam looked so amazing. Her smile lit up the entire stadium, it made me so happy.

She sat down in her chair, and I saw her giggling about something with Becca. I couldn't help but just watch them instead of focusing on the speeches.

......................................................................

"...Rebecca Welch...."

I watched Sam's face light up as they called the next name.

"...Samantha Whelan..."

She stepped up, got her diploma, and we all cheered VERY loudly. I saw her start laughing, and got aome funny looks from her classmates.

"I present to you... the class of 2015!"

All the students threw their caps into the air, creating a sea of green and gold.

The crowd ran down the bleachers, and it was like a rampage. Me and the other guys pushed our way through, eventually spotting the girls.

Sam raced to me, and hugged me tightly.

"Hey, graduate!" I teased.

"Oh shut up." She said, punching my arm.

I laughed, and we seperated. She was already getting bothered about pictures, and she rolled her eyes.

// Sam's POV (a few hours later) \\

I was so done with this party. Everyone was SO annoying. Almost everybody was drunk, and it wasn't even midnight! I kinda sat in the corner, sipping drinks with Ian. All of my friends had disappeared, so I had nothing left to do.

Suddenly, Ian grabbed my arm and led me out of the building.

"Where are we-"

"Shhh, we'll be there soon."

He led me down the road, to a park. I saw a few figures in the distance, thanks to the streetlights.

He stopped at a little park, where there was a little table, that looked like the ones you find in Paris.

Paris. The place I had told Ian i've always wanted to go to.

Ian pulled out the chair, and I sat down. He sat across from me, and I saw the figures approach us.

I first saw my friends, and then the guys. I was beyond confused.

"Sam, I don't know if you've figured it out yet, from the table, lights, and all these people."

I noticed that they were holding something, except for Becca. She had something else.

They all revealed their papers, one by one.

P - A - R - I - S - ?

I almost fell out of my chair. Becca gave a rose to Ian, and Ian gave it to me.

"So, what do you say to a trip to Paris with me?"

I smiled, "I say hell yes."

I stood up and hugged him tightly.

I loved this man.