Moon & Stars (7)

|| Sam's POV ||

I stood in the shower, just staring at the wall. I could not be more miserable. I just wanted to go anywhere but school.

I finally got the energy to actually wash my hair, slowly but surely.

I went back to my room, and got dressed. I was wearing oone of my "I don't care" outfits today, because I really didn't care at all.

I went downstairs for breakfast, and realized that I was home alone.

Great.

I had to walk to school, and it was like a thousand degrees outside.

I went into the kitchen, and grabbed a bowl, and filled it with yogurt. I was going to attempt to make a parfait, but it probably was going to fail. I sprinkled some granola onto it, and then some berries. I saw down on the couch and turned on the TV. I had a lot of shows to catch up on. Just as I was about to turn on Gotham, my phone buzzed.

From: Ian ^.^

Hey! What's going on?

Wasn't it like 3 in the morning in California?

To: Ian ^.^

Nothing much, but isn't it really early in Cali?

From: Ian ^.^

Yeah, but that doesn't matter. :P

To: Ian ^.^

Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I got school. Bye ^.^

From: Ian ^.^

Aw. Bye! :3

I quickly ate my breakfast, and rushed out the door. I started speedwalking to school, despite the fact that I was sweating. I put my earbuds in, and turned up my music. I didn't even notice that there was a car driving slowly next to me at first, but I started walking faster when I did. The car sped up, and I stopped walking.

The car stopped, and a hooded figure walked out. I turned towars school, and booked it. I was lucky that they made us do laps during marching band season, or I would have been really slow. I felt like I was going to pass out, so I ducked into the alley. I dove behind a random dumpster, banging my head off the wall. I tried not to scream in pain, and I froze in place when I heard footsteps near the dumpster.

I looked up, and saw the hooded person.

|| Anthony's POV ||

Ian walked away from me, on his phone AGAIN. He was constantly on it, he wouldn't even focus on editing. I sighed, and returned to the computer. I typed some text to put on the screen, before I heard a knock on the door.

I heard Ian open it, and heard two familiar voices.

Shane and Greg were here!

I saved the changes I made to the video, and started walking towards the living room. They were sitting on the couch, and were waiting for... something.

Ian stood there awkwardly, and I knew he had some sort of horrible plan.

"So.. I was thinking..."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Here we go with this brilliant plan.

"We should go on a road trip, the four of us."

I stared at him, before shouting,

"HELL YEAH!"

THIS WAS ACTUALLY SOUNDING FUN!

He smiled, and I ran to get my phone.

|| Sam's POV ||

The guy stared at me for a few minutes, before he started kicking me.

I was not going to stand for it.

I quickly got up, and tried to push him away, but my arms were too weak. I felt faint as he punched me square in the face. I held up my arms, coughing a little blood. I felt my legs go numb as they were repeatedly smashed off the wall. I was still standing somehow, and he didn't like it at all. I spaced out as an image flashed before my eyes.

I sat in the corner, as he looked me straight in the eyes. He held the gun up, and my eyes glossed over.

"Do it. Go ahead."

He looked upset, and I hoped he was. He should be sorry. He deserves to rot in whatever hell he came from.

His hand slowly started to pull the trigger, so I closed my eyes, ready to die.

I flashed back to reality, and continued to struggle. I tried my hardest to push him away, and I felt my arms just straining against him. I screamed at the top of my lungs, and he backed away. I kicked right in the stomach, and booked it home. I was already late for school, who cares.

I ran up the steps, and opened the door. There was only one person inside, my Aunt. She was crying, so I walked over, and gave her a hug.

"Your.. parents... car... crash..... dead."

I looked at her, not believing what she had just told me.

|| Ian's POV ||

We were all in the car, Anthony driving for now. I texted Sam, but she never answered. Maybe she was just at school, I was trying to tell myself. I was still worried about her. I mean, anything could've happened.

"Where are we going anyways?" Anthony asked, turning onto the highway.

"Uh.. Pennsylvania." I mumbeled.

"WHAT?" Anthony stopped the car, and looked over at me.

"I'M NOT DRIVING TO PENNSYLVANIA! IT'LL TAKE DAYS!"

I sighed, and he handed my the keys. We got out, switching sides.

I started driving, not caring how long it took to get where we were going.

"Pull up directions to Philadelphia. We'll call Sam and figure it out from there."

Shane and Greg were silent in the backseat. They did not look happy either.

Oh well.

|| Sam's POV ||

I sat there, the tears still coming down my face. I checked my phone, which had blown up with texts.

All from Rachel, Becca, Karen, Ian, and.. my parents. They had called and texted goodbye, and I listened to them both tell me how much I meant to them. I sobbed loudly when I heard the click of the call ending. I felt destroyed, like a piece of me was gone. I called Ian, and wiped my tears.

No answer.

I screamed loudly, letting my frustration out. I felt like someone had just stepped on my heart and it had shattered into a million pieces.

I was crumbling, and fast. It was like the world was crashing around me, telling me to give up.

I got up, and picked up my red notebook. I saw the endless pages of dedication to them, all my poems and really long essay-like stories. I couldn't give up, I would lose it all.

I couldn't let it all go, not just yet.