Ch. 9- sparring

Deku pov
It was Finally Thursday, the last day dabi and I had detention with mister Aizawa. The past few days I have helped shinsou out with his training. Since the sports festival is in after this break on Monday.  It is not enough time for him to gain some muscles on those noodle arms but it is enough time for him to build up his stamina, learn basic combat moves, and I'm teaching him how to use nunchucks. 

Aizawa finally let us out for the day, so I headed to my room changed into so workout clothes (old tank top with shorts), and headed to the elevator, then an idea formed in my head. I quickly ran into Dabi's room not bothering knocking and told him to change into something that would let him move in (they have very few clothes since it still with the league) and to meet me at the training grounds when he was ready. I walked into the elevator and hit the button for the bottom floor. 

I arrived at the field (where they did the quirk test on the first day) and saw that shinsou was there warming up and doing stretches. I sneak up behind him to scare him only barely concealing myself but before I did anything he turned around. Saw him smirk and all I could do was smile back. 

Deku: "I guess this training is working if you find me at barely concealing my presence."

shinsou: "I noticed a faint sound on the dirt"

 Deku: "if you can pick that up that means we can up the training"

Watching his face fell a bit making me laugh internally. we always start with a mile run. Then we do 5  sets of 10 push-ups and sit-ups, squats, etc.(i do not know regular workout routines so sorry if it doesn't make sense). We spar and every time he can't at least get 5 clear hits on me I make him run a lap. Today we are sparring using weapons and tomorrow we spar bare-handed. Then when we are done I help him strengthen his quirk. Testing the limits of its reach. 

We just finished (deku does it with him to get a better look at how he is doing and to stay in shape) our run I saw dabi walk up to us. He threw us our water bottle and sat down. I told shinsou to start doing his sets while I talk to dabi. I saw dabi looking at shin with a look of sympathy. 

Deku: "Thx for coming-"

Dabi: "I hope you don't break him too fast."

Deku: "hey come on I'm not even going that hard on him yet. I started hard on guys cuz you two already had some form of training beforehand" "and I wouldn't underestimate him, he so far has taken everything I've thrown at him"

Dabi: "You haven't done That yet have you?"

Deku: "nope but the way thing are going I might try it after the sports festival" "anyway the reason I asked you to come was that I want you to spar with shin"

Dabi: "why me? I focused more on long-range fighting, sure I do have the proper training in close range but still not as good as you and toga"

Deku: "two reasons I asked you. The first is that it isn't good for shin to get used to my style of fighting when there are all kinds. Second This could benefit you since we aren't using our quirks during the festival you out of the three of us are at a slight disadvantage."

Dabi: "Hey I know close combat isn't my forte, but I know I can beat those hero wannabes with zero field or fighting experience"

After he said that shin just finished his sets and walked over to us. I told him to stretch and cool down a little before we started sparring. When he finished I explained that his opponent is going to switch between me and dabi today and that we are going to work with weapons today. I threw him the nunchucks and dabi stepped in front of him. Before I said to begin, I told shin that since dabi fights differently than me, to observe his movements closely and that he needs at least 10 hits to not do a lap. I started the match and they went at it. I shouted at shin to loosen the tension in his shoulders on his swing. After two minutes shin was on the floor in a hold with dabi on top.