Ch. 13- prelims pt.2

A/n- I am alive! sorry for being gone for like three weeks😅
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deku pov
Dabi and tokoyami came back talking about their favorite bands 'god dabi is such an emo'. Tokoyami went to go sit next to shoji and dabi took the seat next to me. Present mic said there was going to be a ten-minute break for the next half of the matches. The next match was going to be Iida vs hatsume. Knowing Hatsume from the past few days on working together on our suits I know she is going to use this match for her own gain in some way. I laughed at the thought of her turning her match into some kind of infomercial. I was pulled out of my thought when dabi started talking to me. 

Dabi: "looks like our next matches aren't going to be easy"

Izuku: "Yeah tell me about it. I get to fight Shin and you get mister daddy issues over there"

Dabi: "Do we technically have to try hard we already did the requirement of getting to the top 8 to get these things off" "I'm tired and want to take a nap"

Izuku: "You can take it easy but going easy on shin would be like I'm insulting him after all the work he has put into training"

Dabi: "insulting or is it getting to the point where you actually need to try"

Izuku:  "Since last training, I've been needing to use 35% of my strength to make it challenging for him now"

Dabi: "well damn that's as much you used on us when we first arrived"

Izuku: "this just means I get to do that exercise now" 

Dabi: "oh god no" "I still get nightmares from when you did it to us"

Izuku: "it works right"

Dabi: "that's beside the point"

Present mic cut off the rest of our conversation when he started announcing the beginning of the second half of the preliminaries. 

Mic: "Ladies and gentlemen it is time for the next match to begin" 

-Iida Tenya vs. Hatsume Mei- No pov
Mic: "COMING FROM THE LEFT TUNNEL WE GOT THE MAD SCIENTIST HATSUME MEI FROM THE SUPPORT COURSE" "AND COMING FROM THE RIGHT TUNNEL WE GOT THE MASTER OF FASTER IIDA TENYA OF THE HERO COURSE"

The stadium turned quiet when iida came out wearing unregistered gear. He then gave a speech and the next thing you know is he not stuck in a presentation by Hatsume to show off her inventions to the companies and heroes in the stadium as well as the ones watching on TV. This went on for ten minutes until she finished and stepped out of bounds. Midnight called the match and the next one quickly started since no one was injured or repairs needed. 

-Mina Ashido vs Toga Himiko-
Every student in UA had to keep secret (parents were also told) that villains were attending the school, they were scared at first, but they are now very excited to see the third and final one in action in this event, after seeing the first two win their matches. The stadium went into an uproar when Present Mic started announcing the match-up. 

Mic: "NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE GET TO SEE TWO EVERY TALENTED LADIES DUKE IT IN THE RING TODAY" "SHE MAY BE SMALL BUT LOOK OUT FOR THIS MASTER KNIFE WIELDER WE HAVE CLASS 1-A's TOGA HIMIKO" "WITH HER FLUID MOVEMENTS SHE IS GOING TO BE HARD TO CATCH CLASS 1-A's MINA ASHIDO"

Toga was happily skipping to the center of the ring where mina was waiting for her. Coming to a stop Midnight rose her whip and started the match. Toga's bubbly personality quickly disappeared in a split second turning into one of seriousness and blood lust. With the knife-shaped taser in toga's hand, the hits were fast and precise. Mina dodging the strikes with great movement and countering with acid.