Chapter 2.

*PHOEBE'S POV*

The wind blowing in my face is the most refreshing feeling right now.

And he makes it even more electrifying.

Harry ended up driving us home, which resulted in us having deep conversations, mainly about my mom and home life.

Sometimes I forget he was so close with her, and that we practically lived with each other, things have changed so much since then.

Those were definitely the simpler times.

He ended up almost crying, which broke my heart because I know how much my mom meant to him. They had a bond like no other, and he hasn't seen her for almost a year now.

My mom was the woman everyone loved and adored, and I see why. She's so beautiful and caring, also the funniest person you'll ever meet.

But that was before my dad left.

And he was my best friend.

Well, my Dad left my Mom, not Spence and I. It still feels like he left us all together in a way, but I know he never had bad intentions for leaving.

He simply fell out of love with my mom, I can't blame him for that, especially because of what she was doing that made him fall out of love.

She started finding comfort in alcohol and drugs instead of her own family, which hurt more than anything. Watching someone who's supposed to care and provide for you do the opposite, it's not cute or easy to deal with. Especially when it was something that was her fault to begin with.

  Even though I'm not home and don't live there anymore, it still hurts and I still worry over it.

Spence has to take care of every little piece she drops behind her ass, which made me tear up at the thought of me being the only reason he's hanging on.

I wish I saw my dad more often.

We mainly see him on holidays, birthdays, family gathering, things like that. But he always tells us we're welcome anytime, I just never want to invade his other life and get in the way.

But I'm just glad I get to see him at all.

Another thing, I'm glad we still have our bond. We text almost every day, we even call sometimes. We're both super busy, but we always make time for each other.

He's still my dad, and the bond we have will never fade.

At least I hope.

All that conversation with Harry led to now, us on our way to get cheap ice cream to simply cheer each other up.

Ice cream has always been our favorite. If we ever needed a way to apologize to each other, but we didn't know how to do it verbally... We'd get our favorite ice creams and simply turn up at one another's house.

It's been our thing.

We have a lot of things, but that's probably by far my favorite.

Harry and I have been in the car for around 10 minutes, which we always drive around a bit after we get the ice cream, we both love long drives.

It's when everything comes out that we didn't get to say before, or just to have a good time.

Screaming songs by his former band was never really what I thought the night would come to, but hey, I'm not complaining.

I've written some of these songs.