Chapter 20.

A/N:

You might wanna replay the song after it's done, 2 minutes is not enough;).

*HARRY'S POV*

  This ice cream has for sure cheered her up, maybe just her spirit, but she's at least smiling. And that's the most I'll ever need from her.

We parked in a beautiful flower field, I know things like this can calm her down and bring her back to reality.

  A smile. It's such a beautiful trait, it's often one of the first ones humans see on other humans. Some smiles are more broken than others, even forced. But, that doesn't make them any less worthy or beautiful.

  Broken is beautiful, and I know Phoebe is broken.

  We all are in some way, shape, or form. No one is perfectly okay. Perfectly happy people still have that one memory burned in the back of their brain, just waiting to peak out when there's no sign of happiness, so the broken piece gets a chance to shine.

  Her broken piece is Allison.

  And mine is my dad.

  He always has been that one broken piece of glass, itching to get past layer one of my skin just so it can cut into all six other layers. Sometimes I let him get to three, but never seven.

  Layer seven was when I was 14. When Max couldn't get his broken spot out of his mind, so he took it out on me.

  That doesn't mean I forgive him, though. I'll never forgive him, he's the biggest monster I've ever met. Just because he was so fragile doesn't mean I was gonna save him from the fall. He didn't deserve to be picked back up, I did. I deserved to be treated more than a punching bag, all because he couldn't patch his broken wings.

  Fuck him.

  But Phoebe came along, and she patched my broken wings. She made me believe that I could find some sort of love again, I've always loved her but now it's just... real, and it's different.

  She picked up my piece of glass, took it away and let it fall to someone else. I hope I've done the same for her, she needs that.

  She needs to know that love is true and real, and that she has it right in front of her. Phoebe needs to know that I'm always in her corner.

  Even if one day we hate each other, I'm always in her corner, I'll always be her person.

  I've never met someone just like me, just in a more fragile form. It's not a bad thing that she's fragile, and I try not to treat her like she is. Phoebe just... cares. Caring can make people fragile in one form or another, it's what makes us human as some point in our lives.

  P has the best heart, deep down I know she means no one any harm, or hurt that she may cause them. She's such a giving and loving person, we all just have our different ways of showing it.

  And if her way right now is me doing our normal gesture of buying ice cream and driving, so be it.

  I'd do anything to see that beautiful smile on her rosy cheeks.

  Before we left, she locked herself in the bathroom. I don't know why she decided to lock the door, but I respected it and cleaned myself up too. I think we both just needed a minute to breathe, especially Phoebe. She was hyperventilating, it took her a minute to come down but once she did, she finally talked to me.

  I know it's not easy for her to talk about Allison, I've never been more grateful to be her safe space and open up. She's not even my mom and it's hard for me to even think about her.