Chapter 10.

*PHOEBE'S POV*

"Can we please go get ice cream?" I asked mom, hoping for the positive answer, maybe even a positive outcome these days. Something's changed in Momma, I don't know what, but I'm scared to find out. And that means she has to flip out again,

  Your Momma isn't supposed to be the one you're scared of, you shouldn't be scared of any parent.

  "Y-yes baby, let's go, tell Spence we'll bring him a cookie dough cone!" She yelled, even though she was right next to me, hurting my ear way more than it already had been.

  I went to go get Spencer, my best friend. Besides Harry, I can have two best friends, right?

  I just won't tell.

  Calling out his name, he appeared not even seconds later, his toy car in his hand, ready to play downstairs with dad while Momma and I went to the ice cream shop.

  "We'll be back, okay?" I shriveled up his hair, messing it up which caused him to laugh, while shaking his head, showing me he understood. I planted a kiss on the top of his head while leaning down to hug him, not wanting to waste a moment with Spence.

  He's 7, I'm 9. I never thought having a little brother meant having another best friend. He's my favorite thing in the whole wide world.

  I noticed Momma is a little bit wobbly, is she okay? Is she hurt? Should she be driving when she's not feeling well?

  The thing is, I'm too scared to ask her about it. Whenever I try to, the words spit out in fits of sutters, causing Momma to get mad and yell.

What did I do to deserve that? I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, why'd I get yelled at for trying to help her?

  That's what I've been taught in school, always make sure you ask before doing. So, I asked her if she was okay before I did anything about it, but she didn't react normally.

  She never does.

  Should I go to dad? Should I ask dad about Momma? Does he know what's wrong with her?

  There's so many questions unanswered, maybe I can write a silly little song about it.

  Daddy tells me I'm good at that, and that I'm gonna do big things one day. I surely hope he's right, I really love singing.

  "C'mon munchkin, let's go!" Momma called out from the front door, realizing I put my shoes on, tied them, but didn't take a step forward. Should we be getting in the car? She can't even walk in a straight line.

  "Coming!" I shouted, going over to dad, giving him a quick hug and kiss. "I love you, daddy." My eyes started to fill with little tears, but why? I'm not sad, I'm just scared.

  "Why're you crying, P?" Dad asked me, wiping those same tears of sadness away with his thumb.

  "I'm scared." I whispered, in the meantime Momma yelled again, getting angry that I'm worried for her.

  Why's she mad that I wanna look out for her? Make sure she's okay?

  "Why're you scared, pumpkin?" He asked.

  "Momma looks like she shouldn't be driving right now.."

"How so?" He asked more, putting me on his lap quickly.

  "She's wobbling around, can't walk in a straight line... She looks blue and sick." I explained, dad looking like he had no clue what I was talking about.