~36~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

Thor and I walked through the compound together, and I eyed off the Testing Chamber while my brother sipped his beer.

"Drifting left. On the side there, Lebowski." Tony said, walking past us and over to rocket, who was working on something underneath the platform.

"Ratchet, How's it going?"

"It's Rocket, take it easy. You're only a genius on Earth, pal." Rocket shot back, making me smile.

"I'll be right back." I said to my brother, walking into the Testing Chamber.

"We've got enough for one round trip each, that's it. No do-overs." Scott said, and I watched in curiousity.

"Plus two test runs." He said, accidentally pressing a button, which resulted in him quickly shrinking down, and growing back to his normal size.

"One test run."

We stood around the control panel, and Scott jumped around to prepare for the test.

"All right, I'm not ready for this."

"I could do it." I piped up, thinking about Loki.

Maybe I could see him again.

"Darling, are you sure?" Steve asked, and I nodded.

"I'm absolutely positive."

I put on the suit Scott was wearing, and stood up on the platform, ready to go.

"Alright Aurora, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift, but don't worry about it." Bruce informed me, and I nodded, taking my position.

"Wait a second, let me ask you something." Rhodey spoke up, and the attention was turned to him.

"If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and," He trailed off, making a hand gesture to suggest strangulation.

He really just asked to murder baby Thanos.

Is that really a bad idea, though?

"First of all, that's horrible." Bruce said, disgust clearly evident in his tone.

"It's Thanos." Rhodey responded in a nonchalant way, as if it's what we were all thinking.

"And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future." Bruce pointed out, making Scott clear his throat.

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them, then Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved."

"Bingo." Clint agreed, but Nebula shook her head.

"That's not how it works."

"Well, that's what I heard." Clint brushed her off, and I scoffed, chuckling.

"What?"

"By who? Who told you that?" Bruce asked, and Rhodey counted with his fingers.

"Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time-" He started, and Scott joined in.

"Quantum Leap."

"A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time-"

"Hot Tub Time Machine."

"Hot Tub Time Machine. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel." Rhodey concluded, and Scott happily nodded.

"Die Hard? No, that's not one."

"This is known." Rhodey shrugged everyone off, but Bruce was unconvinced.