~21~

Part Three: Infinity War

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

"Do you really think it's a good
idea to go back to Earth?" Loki asked, and I nodded.

"Earth is fantastic, I think it is a brilliant idea." I smiled, looking at Loki, and Thor nodded in agreement.

"Sure! They love us there."

"Let me rephrase." Loki said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Do you really think it's a good idea to bring me back to Earth?"

The incident on Earth must still haunt him.

Thor and I shared a look, before giving Loki reassuring pats on the back.

"Well, most likely not." I admitted, and Thor smiled.

"But do not worry, brother. I've got a feeling that everything's going to work out."

I nodded in agreement, crossing my arms over my chest and looking into the endless void of space.

"If you say so." Loki sighed, but a large ship began looming upon us, making ours dark as the light around us diminished.

"Did we call for help, Thor?" I asked, but my brother just shook his head, worrying me.

"No, I don't know who this is."

Before any of us could even process it, beings I wasn't familiar with boarded our ship, killing our Asgardian citizens in their path.

I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder, feeling a cool blade slip through my skin, and a scream emitted from my throat as I grabbed the wound, in pain.

I watched Thor get pummeled into the ground, and in fear of my brother being dead, I made a dash for one of the aliens, but before I could do anything, I was bound to the floor by chunks of metal that was once the walls around me.

The being responsible for it was a tall, thin looking specimen, who looked displeased with me.

"You will not be turning us to stone, today."

"This is the Asgardian refugee vessel Statesman. We are under assault, I repeat, we are under assault. The engines are dead, life support failing. Requesting aid from any vessel within range. We are twenty two jump points out of Asgard. Our crew is made up of Asgardian families, we have very few soldiers here. This is not a warcraft. I repeat, this is not a warcraft." I whispered into my earpiece while I looked at Thor, who was a bloody pulp, and he looked at me with a helpless expression.

Heimdall was a few feet away from me, looking wounded by the blasts being sent to our ship from theirs.

"Hear me, and rejoice." The alien said, and I had no choice but to listen.