~7~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

The Chitauri soldiers descended down quickly, attaching themselves to the sides of buildings, and promptly sliding down, beginning their assault on Midgard, and the people who reside here.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asked, and I traded a worried look with him.

"I'm seeing, still working on believing." Tony's voice came through my earpiece, and I sighed.

"Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"No." I responded, and Tony responded straight away.

"Just keep me posted. Jarvis, find me a soft spot."

"What should we do?" I asked, and Steve gestured to the streets around us.

"Stop them."

I watched civilians frantically running, trying to get away from the scene unfolding in front of us, and Loki firing at buildings, causing chaos.

"Those people need assistance down there." Steve said, and I looked to where he was pointing, nodding in agreement.

"I've got it." I said, moving behind a car and dragging my hand along the backs of the soldiers, turning them to stone.

Natasha looked at me in surprise, and the bystanders took the extra time to run away as I pushed the rocky bodies over, breaking them to pieces on impact with the concrete.

"Easy." I whispered to myself, joining Steve, Clint, and Natasha, to see more soldiers.

I made my move towards them, but Natasha quickly pulled her weapons out, shooting at the Chitauri.

"Clint and I got this. It's good. Go!" She exclaimed, and Steve turned to Clint.

"You think you can hold them off?" He asked, and Clint smirked, grabbing his bow and arrow.

"It would be my genuine pleasure."

"Good, let's go Aurora." Steve said, falling down the bridge, and I followed him down the steep slope, racing over to the large building.

We saw a group of men standing behind some cars, in uniform, and one was yelling.

"We need to get out! They gotta bring the National Guard!"

"National Guard? Does the army know what's happening here?" Another man responded, and Steve took my hand, jumping onto a car and taking me with him.

"Do we?" Another officer asked, and they looked up at us.

We probably looked like quite the spectacle.

"I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire." Steve ordered, and no one said anything, so he continued.

"You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." Steve finished, and I admired his confidence to stand up to authority.

"Why the hell should I take orders from you?" A man asked, and I rolled my eyes, as an energy blast was shot towards us, and Steve protected me with his shield.

Two Chitauri soldiers ran up to us, and Steve easily took one down, while I turned the other to stone, breaking his body to pieces as I pushed it to the floor.

"I need men in those buildings, lead the people down and away from the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th!" The officer yelled to the other uniformed man, making me smile.