Dodici

Breanna POV

The first couple of days at Luciano's I spent in his bedroom mostly, I slowly started getting comfortable with the maids and the men following me around, and I started to explore the house a little more. Luciano has an indoor and an outdoor pool, which I desperately want to use one of these days. He had a room for entertainment, which I spent a lot of time in, he wouldn't give me my phone, or any access whatsoever to internet, so I was truly trapped here. His home was surrounded by dozens and dozens of acres of forest, any thought I had about running away was quickly shut down not only by him but by the realization that I would have to run away through the woods, and I wouldn't—I couldn't survive that.

I spent every afternoon having lunch with Lorenzo, it was sad to say but my new best friend was becoming a three year old sadistic, mildly abused, boy. Lorenzo didn't like me at first, but after watching his father around me, the boy decided he liked me as well. I never really saw Emilia, and when I did it was at dinner at the end of the day. I spent a lot of time avoiding or ignoring Luciano. I was pissed off he has so many secrets, don't get me wrong, I have my own but none of them would alter Luciano's entire life like his secrets have done mine.

I also found out he lied about us being in Italy, which made sense because I didn't really see any vineyards anywhere, so I suspected it. We lived in a pretty remote area with a lot of land, so if this were really Italy there would be no doubt that there would be a vineyard somewhere on the property, but there wasn't, so between Luciano and I, that was a whole new argument in itself . Harper told me we were in New York, she was currently attending college which Luciano was paying for, only because she'd promised she would come work for his businesses directly when she finished. She was going to become a doctor, with only a few years left of school, she talked to me about needing to stop nannying Lorenzo, only because she needed more time to study. I was sure she was only telling me this in hopes I'd pick up her hints and talk to Luciano myself, since he seems 'nicer' to me than anyone else.

Luciano is not nice.

He's confusing. He's strict. He's rude, cocky, scary, a murderer.

And yet every night I go to sleep almost peacefully in his arms, I haven't had a panic attack since the first night. All my dark thoughts have been quiet, I talked to Carmen, under Luciano's supervision, and felt a little better aside from the fact that she thinks he's taken me on a long ass getaway trip. When the 'trip' is over, I'm 'all of a sudden' going to decide to move in with him.

Luciano is a twisted motherfucker. I watched him walk out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist as every morning has been. I was sitting up in his bed, sitting criss cross, watching him. He walked into his closet and came out a few minutes later dressed in a suit, his onyx eyes bore into my brown ones and I let out a huff.

I was bored here. It was the same shit everyday.

I watched him walk over to his nightstand and grab his rings out of the small velvet box they were kept in. He looked extremely sexy slipping each one of the expensive rings onto their designated finger. He wore a cross necklace around his neck, the detail on the necklace was ridiculous, Jesus hung on the cross, nails in His hands and feet, His thorn crown atop His head, you could see that He had hair, but Jesus had no face. His head was bowed down, tilted to the side, you could tell He was in agony simply by his position. I've never seen Luciano take the necklace off, only his rings and watches.

"I'm having a meeting with Russo and a few other men in the house today, you'll join us for lunch this afternoon and afterwards I'm taking you out." He told me. I got excited to finally leave this golden prison, I didn't care where we were going, he could take me out and kill me in the middle of nowhere and I'd be as happy as that damn snowman from Frozen in the summer.