Cinque

(Luciano's name is pronounced Lu-chaun-no)

Breanna POV

I was confused.

I couldn't sleep.

I was a little pissed off.

Or maybe I was overthinking everything.

I rolled out of bed, glancing at the time which read three thirteen AM, and slipped on the oversized T-shirt next to my bed before walking out to the living room. Carmen was snoring lightly on the couch, an older Disney show played on the TV at a low volume. I took the blanket that was draped over the back of the couch and laid it across her body, keeping the TV on so I wouldn't have to turn on any lights.

My dinner with Mr.Lombardi, who I wasn't comfortable calling Luciano yet, took a turn after my comment. We didn't talk much afterwards, only exchanging words about the food every now and then. He brought me home, not even asking for my address. It worried me that he seemed to know everything about me, yet at the same time, he didn't know a thing about me. I blindly walked around the apartment, just thinking with no particular motive in mind. After a few minutes, I winded up back in my room with a glass of water. My phone lit up, letting me know I had gotten a text.

If you really want another job, call me in the morning. Mr.Lombardi texted before sending me a 'have a goodnight' text. I sent back an 'Ok, goodnight' back and couldn't help the smile on that began to form on my face. Ok, so he wasn't mad at me or anything and he could get me a new job. Maybe things weren't going to be too bad.

————

My alarm went off at eight thirty on the dot but I didn't get out of bed until nine. Carmen was up watching the news with a mug of coffee in her hands, the blanket wrapped around her body. I took in a deep breath, enjoying the smell of coffee in the room.

"Morning." She said to me, not taking her eyes off the screen.

"Morning." I answered back as I walked into the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee.

"How'd last night go? You left with Mr.Lombardi right?" Carmen asked as she drug herself into the kitchen, the blanket trailing behind her. I nodded my head while watching her struggle to hoist herself up onto one of the bar stools with no hands.

"Soooo...how was it?"

I shrugged one of my shoulders, "It was ok. We just had dinner, but he's...I don't know. He seems like he's used to very traditional things." I turned to the Keurig and picked up my iced coffee, I refuse to drink hot coffee, I don't care where I am.

"Explain."

"Well he ordered my food and drink. He didn't get the drink wrong and the food was delicious, but—"

"It's the principle." She finished for me.

"Exactly. Like I'm perfectly capable of ordering my own stuff...when I know what I want." We both shared short laughs.

"Oh, and then I kinda made him a little mad." I grinned shyly while slowly bringing my cup up to my lips.

"Oh God." She rolled her eyes, "What did you do?"

"Well we were talking about me not working at the club, I was telling him that I wasn't sure what I was going to do. He simply suggested I find a new club to work at, and I told him it wasn't that easy but he wouldn't know anything about that." I gave her a straight lined smile and a sarcastic thumbs up. "Yep." I nodded.

"You need to watch your mouth. I want you to not be single, but that mouth will either get you killed or punished, and I mean that in a kinky way." She told me, resulting in me shrugging my shoulders.