Ventidue

Breanna POV

I was about to be late to the breakfast meeting.

I got caught up thinking, then doing my hair, and I couldn't find something I liked to wear, but winded up finding something, and now I'm running through the halls of this big ass house in some no show socks. I took a hard turn around a corner just before going into the dining room and winded up slipping and fell right on my butt.

"Ow." I whined.

"That was a nasty fall." A deep voice commented from behind me. A tall blonde man stepped in front of me and reached his hand down.

"Yeah, I'm already sore and these floors don't really help." I took his hand and jumped up.

"Thanks." I gave him a smile of relief.

"Of course, it's not everyday we get pretty girls falling around here."

"You're terrible at flirting." I shook my head.

"I thought it was worth shot." He chuckled and shrugged.

"But it's not worth a bullet to the head." Luciano's voice boomed down the hall and I jumped, snapping my head in his direction.

"Sir—"

"Breanna you're late, put your shoes on." He beckoned me to come over to him, but his eyes were trained on the blonde man, "I pay you to keep this house safe, not flirt with women. Do your damn job before you fucking lose it."

"Yes sir." The man nodded curtly, never looking away from Luciano, before turning on his heel and walking down the hall.

"I told you not to be late." Luciano said, clearly not in a good mood.

"I got a half hour warning, and I would've been on time if I hadn't slipped." I quickly put on my shoes while holding myself up against his hard body and then stood straight.

"You said business casual, but my mind said cute but sophisticated soooo picking out an outfit also contributed to...this." I waved my hands around as we stepped into the dining room. Luciano didn't comment on what I said and we were greeted by the cold faces of some of his men. Andrea was in the mix, along with Russo, Mateo stood off in a corner of the room, although he was probably drinking coffee, he did seem like he was still on the job, looking around and guarding as he took sips every few seconds.

"Good morning." I greeted to the men.

"It's good to see you again Breanna." Andrea winked at me and I smiled back at him. Luciano introduced me as his girlfriend to the men I hadn't met, and then explained to them that I'd be helping when it came to getting the American mob boss' daughter tomorrow morning.

The maids came in and served us lunch, Lana was part of the bunch and she gave me a graceful smile, which I returned despite my discomfort. The meeting was long and boring, it only got interesting when they started talking to me, and even then it was stuff I already heard before. 'Get a feel of the campus' 'Take her to the cafe' 'Make sure she makes it in the bathroom' 'As soon as she's gone, you leave, we'll handle everything else from there.'

I know I know I know I know. I have a good memory. Well I like to think I do. Hell I thought I did, I remembered so much personal shit from my clients at the club I could write a book about all the shit they have going on.

The meeting ended less than an hour before lunch, so Luciano chatted with the men while they waited for lunch to be brought out. A couple of the men went to take calls or stretch their legs, and were followed by Luciano's men while we stayed in here. I'm learning that he doesn't like to go public when it comes to his meetings, if he can do them in the house, he will, if he's meeting people he feels will be an immediate danger to him or anyone in this house, he's going to do it at one of his office buildings or neutral territory in a private setting. He's very specific and it makes me wonder sometimes, just how fucked up in the head he really is.