Quarantanove

I cut off a bad friend this week and I honestly feel so good man. He didn't respect me and was very selfish, tried to make me out to be the bad guy when I always told him I was open for any conversation, he never talked (and a mama's boy *like the creepy relationship kind*. I don't do those) he was also too dependent on his family (mainly mom) and his friends (mainly me) and I feel so free to be honest. I'm really glad he's not my problem anymore because I was killing myself mentally trying to stay friends with him, and he knew it. I feel like I've been celebrating all week, so I've been pretty distracted.

Anyway, enjoy!

Breanna POV

Armando, Luciano's father, was very pleased to hear we're expecting. His mother, while also happy about the baby, and engagement, didn't hide her worries about how active Luciano would be in the baby's life. Her concern for the baby, Emilia and Lorenzo wasn't a shock to me, but I was genuinely surprised with her concern for me. Which scared me even more for when the baby got here. Luciano's a man of his word, but unfortunately, I still have my doubts.

Lazaro, who's the same age as me, has picked back up on his game of flirting with me in front of his brother to piss him off. Only this time, Lorenzo and Armando join Luciano into threatening Lazaro to leave me alone. It's a bit funny, watching a four year old act like he can take on a man three times his size. Lorenzo really just piggy backs off of whatever Luciano says, and Armando agrees, saying "leave the girl alone."

I took an extra long shower this morning, paying extra attention to combing out my hair. It's always easier to detangle in the shower, with a shit ton of water as well. If my hair wasn't straight, it was at its longest in the shower, passing a few inches below my breasts. My sister used to help me brush it, she'd use a spray bottle and conditioner with some type of comb. We'd talk while she did my hair, she braided it most of the time, but occasionally she'd style it in different ways. She didn't know much but as kids, it was a lot. My sister meant the world to me.

A harsh knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts. I quickly shut the shower off, "Yeah?"

"Are you just now coming out the shower? You're going to be late to your own party." Carmen said, stepping in. I rung my hair out while she tossed a towel over the foggy glass.

"Thank you."

"You okay?" She asked. I nodded my head slowly, quickly forgetting that she couldn't clearly see me. I stepped out the shower and mumbled 'yeah' before drying my feet on the little carpet right outside of it.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Mariana wanted some lemon cupcakes today..." I shook my head, fighting the urge to throw up, "...I don't even want to think about it. I've been nauseated all day." I checked the time on my watch, the part was set to start in twenty minutes and would last pretty much the rest of the day.

"Luciano's mom is pretty nice, I'm sure she just thought it would be a good idea." She said.

"I know she did. And two days ago when we first got here they sounded good, but I started thinking about the menu this morning and all I want are some goddamn meatballs." She followed me throughout the bedroom, I grabbed one of Luciano's t-shirts to wrap my hair in, then started pulling clothes from the closet to wear today. I already argued that wearing a dress was a huge no for me, I didn't feel comfortable wearing one today, so we settled for some nice shorts and a t-shirt. The family wanted people to dress business casual or some shit but I also argued that this is supposed to be fun and light, not serious and heavy and all that.

"I'll make you meatballs if she lets me into her kitchen." Carmen laughed. I shook my head,

"I want to make them." I dropped the towel and started putting on a bra and underwear.