Quarantasei

Breanna POV

Three Days Ago

"Carmen this shit doesn't fit me." I mumbled, frustrated at myself while looking at myself in the large mirror. We were in my closet, I was trying on some outfits for tonight's dinner with Luciano, it's our six month anniversary and he suggested we have dinner tonight, unfortunately, we're going to a very upscale restaurant and I'be been dreading the idea since I found out.

"What part?" She asked, walking away from the hanging clothes and over to me.

"Like it's tight in the waist..." I sucked my stomach in, barely giving opening up some more room for me.

"Fuck." I reached behind me and unzipped the dress, letting it pool around my ankles. I quickly stepped out of it, balled it up and tossed it to the corner of the closet with three other dresses I'd already tried on.

"Cee, babe calm down." Carmen grabbed my robe and handed it to me.

"I can't calm down, nothing fits. We're supposed to be going out in a few hours." I sat down on the floor dramatically, face to face with my reflection, my robe now draped over my shoulders. Carmen mumbled an 'I'll be right back' and left the closet; I stared at my brown eyes, they began to water and I felt pathetic for crying over something so little. I've never really had body issues, I've had very little insecurities growing up but I grew past them, so I didn't understand what was happening right now.

My skin didn't look bad, it was clear and fucking glowing, Carmen says it's because of Luciano's cum...she's disgusting. And Dr.Rollin's said any weight I may be putting on maybe from the birth control, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Hell, I thought it was because I was actually eating three meals most days and they were actually filling me up. But I've also gone to the gym three to four times a week, sometimes with Luciano, and his workouts are brutal.

"She's in the closet." I heard Carmen's faint voice in the bedroom.

"Okay." Luciano's deep voice rang through the air and my heart sped up. I blinked rapidly trying to dry my watery eyes. He hates seeing me cry. I know he feels bad, even when he can't control it, but it also annoys him sometimes, Luciano's a dick. My dick.

"Breanna." He spoke, walking in the closet, I heard him close the door behind him, letting out a deep sigh. He stood behind me, I could see the reflection of his long legs dressed in an expensive suit through the mirror.

"Yes?"

"Alzati." He held his hand out, steeping to my side. I grabbed it and allowed him to help me up. Without looking him in the face, I wrapped my arms around him, burying my face into his chest and took a deep breath. He always smelled spicy, like cinnamon, and some type of smoked wood mixed in there. I bought a bottle of his cologne and I keep it in my bag, I don't think he knows, but if he does it wouldn't surprise me. His scent is comforting.

"What's wrong? Talk to me." He whispered.

"I don't want to go to a fancy dinner tonight. I want Chili's or something."

"Chili's?"

"Yeah." I finally looked up at him, "None of my dresses fit me." I whispered to him, my voice cracked. I hated to admit it, especially to him, the fact that I was very much gaining weight. I wanted to blame it on the birth control, but I knew that wasn't the case, especially because I was eating mostly healthy and working out.

I've had the tests for a couple of weeks now, I just don't want to take them.

I don't want it to be real.

"We can get you bigger sizes." His large hand sat on my right temple, his thumb gently rubbing the side of my forehead.

I shook my head, "God, I don't want a fancy dinner Luciano." I told him, my voice a bit more stern than before. I was getting frustrated and I wanted to cry.