Trentaquartto 🔥🔥

Luciano POV

For over eighteen years I spent over eight hours a day training to become who I am today. Taking lie detector tests, learning to detect lies. Learning language after language. Learning how to fight, how to shoot, how to defend myself. I spent years getting tortured by my father, building my pain tolerance in case something happened to me. I had to be able take the pain of being shot, stabbed, punched and kicked.

My father would have one of his men tell me a secret, and he'd torture me until he could get it out of me. That's how our training sessions went. He would take me along with him as he bought and sold women, so I could learn how the business went. That's how he trained me. My father would kill people in front of me so I could grow used to it, to normalize it. That's how I was trained.

So why is it that when this five foot six, curly haired girl that can't watch her mouth comes around everything seems to fly out of the window? Over eighteen years of training, gone to waste for her doe brown eyes, cashmere scent and soft touches.

And I couldn't stand watching her cry. I hated when she was upset, especially with me. But in this moment, finding out she's lied to me again, I couldn't care less.

Breanna's far from a stupid woman. But fuck she was stupid for taking me right to her parents bakery. And even more so to think I wouldn't notice either.

"They wouldn't have mattered." She spoke quietly.

"The identity of your parents would've been very helpful." My nostrils flared as I fought the urge to yell at her.

"Why? They had nothing to do with it."

"That doesn't matter Breanna." I ran a hand through my hair, my fist clenched on the table and I watched her eyes dart down to it. "Your parents have connections to Europe, which may I remind you, is one of the top continents known for human trafficking." I told her. I try to keep up with the stats, as ironic as it is.

"Yeah but what would that have to—you think we were trafficked?"

"I believe you two were being groomed for when you would get older, yes."

"Why?"

My anger dissolved as Breanna's curiosity started to grow. She no longer looked like she was going to cry, but now her eyebrows were furrowed in confusion and she leaned in closer to me.

"The world runs off of money, drugs, and sex, you know why." I didn't want to go into detail about what happens behind those doors, it wasn't pretty. It was disgusting. I've worked hard keeping myself away from all of that, but the Italian mob runs deep than it and there's only so much I can do before people get hurt.

"I swear, if I knew you knowing them would have actually helped I would've told you sooner."

"It's fine, at least I have something to work with again. They don't know who you are do they?"

She shook her head, "Almost ten years has gone by. My mother opened her bakery, they're happy, they've moved on."

"I don't think that's true."

"It is. If I come back into their lives again, I'll only hurt them some more. They'll be so hopeful about my sister and then I have to tell them she's dead. I feel like they'd be angry too, I've been going there for a while and never told them who I was."

"How'd you find them?"

"I stumbled across the bakery. Their names were familiar and I did some research. They live in the same house. Everything adds up but I'm too scared to get a DNA test or something, just in case it isn't true." I nodded slowly, I already contacted my PI and DNA tests would be done by tomorrow; but I won't tell her the results unless I need to.