Diciasette

Breanna POV

"You want something to do?" Luciano asked me as he walked into the bedroom. I jumped, hearing his voice as he came in, and tossed my phone across the bed, throwing a pillow over it.

"Um yes?" He was holding a manila folder, a look of anger and determination on his face. He tossed it on the bed in front of me.

"Open it." He demanded. I reached for the folder and slowly opened it, pictures of a brunette girl flooded the envelope along with a few pages of writing. While the pictures were taken professionally, you could tell she didn't know they were being taken.

"What is this?" I asked him, the girl's name is Madeleine Cameron and she's a year younger than me, still in high school though.

"She's the daughter of the current leader of the American mob, they're located in Texas due to its proximity to Mexico. Her dad smuggles drugs and girls through the border but lately he's been cutting it close with my shipments, he attacked one of my brothels in Florida and thinks he came get away with it." Luciano began to explain.

"Wait he does human trafficking? Do you...do you traffic?"

"We aren't talking about what I do—"

"Oh my God, you do!" I pushed the folder away and got up on my knees, Luciano rolled his eyes,

"Business is business Breanna. My girls are safe and that's all that matters."

"They're being trafficked, there is no 'safe' in that." I told him.

"They're all clean or being taken care of fairly well, I don't personally run it." He said

"You make your money off of girls—"

"Breanna how do you think the mob works? Multiple streams of income, large sources of money, whatever's in high demand on the black market, I sell it." He told me. "This isn't about what I do, this is about what needs to get done." He said.

"I'm not going to help you traffic this girl." I told him.

He rolled his eyes, "I'm not going to traffic her. I need her to be lured in so I can kidnap her."

"That's just as bad!"

"Do you want something to do or not? Because I have no problem keeping you locked up in this house and finding someone else to do the job." His jaw was clenched and he was gritting his teeth. He did this thing where he cracked his neck, as if he was stressed that he was losing control. His left eye would twitch and the man's face would become red.

"Are you going to hurt her?"

"Only if I need to."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

He leaned down slowly until his face became level to mine, "It means, if she listens like a good girl, I won't lay a finger on her." Luciano slowly placed his lips on top of mine, and being the mother fucking weak ass bitch I am, I kissed him back.

"You promise?"

"You have my word." He said. Luciano's word is law. That's what I've learned.

"Pinky promise?" I held up my pinky finger.

"You know what a pinky promise is right?" He asked.

"Yeah, we used to do it as kids all the time."

"Kids do need to build a pain tolerance." He nodded.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"A pinky promise originated from the Japanese mob, you break it and your finger gets broken or cut off." He explained. I shook my head aggressively.