Letters

Dear Y/N, 

I hope this letter finds you and your friends in good health. I deeply apologize for not keeping up with our correspondence lately. 

You see, I've been taking care of something important recently and just now found time to sit down and write to you. I had already written to General Washington a while ago regarding what I've just mentioned, but it seems he never got to my letter. 

It would be in my best wishes for you to personally inform him for me, asking him to please send Alexander home. I have some important news to break to him. 

I would like for him to stay home from that point on, but I know he would persist in returning to war. Maybe he'll come to his senses, do you think?

Do please continue to write to me, though, even if I don't get back to you in the meantime!

The sisters are doing well, and they send you the best hope for you and your friends. I'll let them add to this letter after I'm done. 

So~ I hope you've been doing well! To catch up on your previous letters, thank you so much for the birthday wishes last month! I adore the picture John Laurens drew for me! And the handkerchief Hercules Mulligan sewed me! I don't know if Alexander told you this already or not, but he wrote me a lovely, very long love-letter as a gift. 

My sisters got me some small gifts as well. Peggy picked out a lovely blue dress for me (even though I already have three of the same color already! I love it nonetheless!) 

Angelica got me a copy of one of the fancy newspapers that sells out fast, and it has interviews from quite a few soldiers from your camp. Lafayette is one of them! 

But... you had an entire section dedicated to you, my dear! Y/N L/N, I can not believe you never told me you had gotten a position as a commander! You should've told me!

It's a great achievement, Y/N. Really, it is. But remember to watch your back. It makes you even more of a target for you to be a woman and a commander. Especially because everyone knows you exist now. 

My best wishes you'll stay safe.

Your best friend,

Eliza

Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo! What's up, Y/N? It's ya girl, Peggy!

I read everything Eliza wrote (sorry not sorry), and I also can't believe you didn't tell us! I also want to see my girlie kicking butt on the battlefield! 

When you write back, please tell us all about your adventures!

So like, things have been ok here. It would be 1000x better if you were around, though.

Also, I saw that a certain John Laurens was mentioned above. I saw his drawing he sent to Eliza and it's so fascinating! I remember meeting him at the wedding, but that's it. 

Maybe Eliza forgot to write about it, but you and Laurens named a turtle after me?! I feel so honored *wipes tear*.  You guys are the best!

Oh, I wish you could've seen Angelica and Eliza's reaction when you wrote, "We found Peggy sitting in a lake." They were so confused and horrified! Especially since I had been out in town on the date you had written the letter!

I hope you've been taking good care of the little thing. I wouldn't want "Peggy" to die T_T. 

I think that's all I have for now, but if I think of more, I'll add on more after Angelica's writing!

your girlie 4evs,

Peggy ✌️

My Dearest Y/N,

I hope this letter finds you at a time of peace. Don't let the war consume you. I've read from multiple sources that the king and his men are becoming sick of the war and are thinking of surrendering. 

Please keep your spirits up as best you can; it'll all be over soon, hopefully.

And stay alive. I don't want to be dressed in black anytime soon.

And I second you getting Alexander to be sent home to Eliza. I can promise you it's important. 

Along with that please heed Eliza's warning seriously about watching your back. We all want you to stay safe, and couldn't imagine you being taken prisoner.

I apologize speaking about the war so much. How about I tell you about life back in town instead?

Unfortunately things aren't perfect, but everyone's still holding on fine. The stock markets have crashed since there is a lot of debt among marketers, and the prices of common goods have been raised significantly along with wages lowered, but most citizens are still able to provide for their families. Our family has been donating to the cause nevertheless, as we hope we've done enough to leave no one suffering. 

The town commitee decided against hosting a ball this year, as there wouldn't be enough people to attend and they wouldn't make a profit, but I thought there shouldn't be one anyways. Why should we be celebrating here when thousands of other people are suffering on the battlefield. How is it in any way supposed to honors those who have laid down their life? 

I hope for the day I get to see you again! The day I can see you in a beautiful dress again!

Send my love to Alexander and your friends as well.

Best wishes,

Angelica Schuyler

Hey it's Peggy again! I just have one last thing to add-

Somebody called me Margarita today 😤

When you tell people about me, tell them I'm Peggy, ok? I go by Peggy, people!

Haha, byeeeee!

Pegs