FINAL CHAPTER - Let's Have Another Round Tonight

😪

~~~

I took a sip of my drink, drowning in the lively chatter from those throughout the room. 

Lafayette and Hercules laughed whole-heartedly while slinging arms around each other, and Alexander and John kept giggling at something like little girls.

"Enjoying yourself?" Aaron Burr asked, taking a seat next to me. 

I nodded. "What great times to be alive now, huh?"

He chuckled. "Sometimes, I find it hard to believe how those fools managed to survive everything." He turned his head towards me. "You're an exception."

"I would agree if we had all just met, but you get to know the true character of someone when you spend years fighting alongside them."

He shrugged, then spoke, "So how're you holding up? Made a full recovery yet?"

I scoffed. "It's 1783. I made a full recovery almost two years ago, Mr. Burr."

"Ahaha," he laughed. "I guess time really does fly by while working in congress."

"Congress, congress, congress," Alexander muttered. "I'm just glad Washington's the president. He looooooves me."

I rolled my eyes. "He loves all of us, Alexander. Especially me."

"Well he sure did get mad at you when you got shot the first time," he argued.

"Yeah," Lafayette agreed, and John stuck his tongue out.

"Oh, well may I remind both of you that, you, Lafayette, got shot at Brandywine , your first battle. And you, John Laurens, got shot at Germantown and taken prisoner of war." I folded my arms together.

"So basically, Hammie and I are the only ones who'd never got shot," Hercules laughed out loud and slapped Hamilton on his back.

"I didn't either," Burr muttered under his breath.

"Hey, can we get another round?" I asked towards a bartender, who in return nodded.

After a few short minutes, several more glasses were set on our table.

"Our last round, gentlemen," I spoke as I nudged the glasses to each of them. We don't need them blackout drunk.

"Let's have another round toniiiiight," the Frenchie slurred.

"Raise a glass to freedom," I sang softly. "Y'all remember that?"

"Something they can never take away," John continued.

"Something we should never have to fight for again," I corrected.

"But free the slaves?" John drunkenly pouted.

"Oh, yes, of course," I smiled warmly.

"I want to sing," Lafayette cried. "RaIsE a GlAsS tO FrEeDOM"

I huffed as I took another swig of my drink and set it down a little too loud on the table. "Sooo, Lexi, how's Philip?"

"He's fine," Alex answered. He looked away. "But I'm not even there most of the time."

"You'll be eventually," I encouraged. "Congress just has to settle a few things, and then you'll be on with your life."

Alex nodded, and I turned to Burr. "And Theodosia?"

"Which one?" Burr chuckled. 

"The ittsy-bittsy one," I beamed.

"She's growing up so fast," Burr said with love shimmering through his eyes. "I'm glad our children won't have to experience a war."

"Yep, let's keep it that way," I hummed. 

"One more round?" Hercules stared at me with puppy eyes.

"No," I said bluntly. "I am not dragging you home."

"Pleaassseeeeee?"

"No."

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaassee?"

And so it went on. 

Life went on.

The nation grew.

Washington resigned.

We showed the world how it's done, defeating a global superpower.

#MonarchiesAreMonstrosities

Look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now.

History happened right here in Manhattan, and people will tell our story.

Boring final chapter.

I dunno, I may write more, but for now, it's done.

I will only do alternate endings; no more storyline. You can leave suggestions.

I can now say this one last time: My Hamilton One-Shot book will forever be open for requests if you'd like more Hamilton content from me. I'd actually enjoy writing those more than this book because they are easier and more fun, and I don't have to keep a plot going.

Final Questions, are you ready?:

Hamilton Question: Which song(s) do you always skip on the playlist?

I skip Burn, It's Quiet Uptown, and Cabinet Battle 2. Sometimes Schuyler Defeated.

I'm just not really into those ones because there's not much hype. Plus, the first two aren't sad. I don't get why people get sad over them. The one that makes me the most sad is Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story?

And not even the orphanage part. I like the beginning and end parts.

Regular Question: How are you doing? Honestly. 

This is a safe space for everybody.

Thank you so much for reading this book! I'll write an author's ending note later.