Filler Chapter

My bad, my bad

a lot of this will probably just be random conversations I wanted to write but couldn't fit anywhere

let's pretend there is no timeline, and these things happen at random points

~~~

"Ok, repeat after me," I said. I was teaching John French like he had requested oh so long ago. "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, nerf-"

He repeated.

"No, no," I said. "You have to get the accent right. It's not 'catra,' you gotta say it like 'kahtruh,' got it? Except don't really say the 'uh' part."

He tried it again, a little bit better.

I shook my head. "You'll learn."

"Why is it like this!" He threw his hands in the air. "Why people gotta speak like that!"

"John," I giggled. "French is a beautiful language. I'm glad it exists."

"It's not as beautiful as you," he muttered.

"What?"

"What?"

~~~

"Y/N," Alexander breathed out. "We can't do this... I-I'm married."

"Alexander!" I slapped his arm. "I'm just hugging you!"

He laughed loudly, and eventually, so did I.

~~~

"Have you ever.... thought what it would be like to launch yourself out of a cannon?" Hercules asked.

"Of course I have," the other three boys replied and nodded. "Sounds like fun."

"I wonder what you would all look like when you go 'splat' on the ground after that," I looked them dead in the eye and smiled.

They all had a terrified look on their faces.

"Now buy me another drink, and I'll say no more," I said innocently.

~~~

"Hey, Laf, did it take you a long time to get use to our timezone when you came to America?" I asked.

"Oui. Once I fell asleep on my horse, and she traveled ten miles in the wrong direction!"

~~~

We got to return to the city for a while because the British and the Continental Army agreed on a Christmas truce.

We were all invited to the Schuyler home to enjoy a nice home-cooked holiday meal.

I put on a red dress, and for the first time in a long time, put on some makeup. You're not allowed to do it in the army.

I was so excited. I arrived at the house early, but not too early.

I knocked, and Eliza opened it. We squealed and hugged each other because we haven't seen each other in six months.

"Eliza!!!" I exclaimed.

"Y/n!!! Oh, you look so beautiful!" She looked at me in awe.

"Thank you, thank you. You look absolutely stunning as well." 

She was wearing a teal dress, but it was one I've never seen before.

"Come in! You can wait in the parlor with us before everyone else arrives."

I followed her and sat down with her sisters. Alex and John were already there, and Laf and Hercules were to arrive any minute now.

Soon enough, a knock sounded against the thick wooden door, and Eliza went over to answer it.

They exchanged greetings, and the two boys stepped into the house.

"Showtime!" Alexander yelled, and Eliza playfully glared at him.

I got up to hug them.

"Hey- yyyyyy," Laf's voice got lower as he took a look at me, hiding his face away once he realized I looked different.

"Hey!" I hugged him excitedly.

I let go and went over to hug Hercules, but not before I heard a muttered, 'Lord, show me how to say no to this."

Y'all I just wrote an entire one-shot T-T

~~~

"Oh, please, I'm always right!" Alex scoffed.

"Ok, what's nineteen plus one?" I asked him.

"Pssshhh, 20, duh!"

"WRONG!" John screamed from the other side of the tent. "IT'S 21!"

Alex shook his head. "This is why I hate you."

"NO, YOU LOVE ME!"

"It is 21, though," I said seriously. 

"Y'all are gonna be the death of me," Alex flopped onto his bed.

~~~

"Is water wet?" Lafayette asked.

"It's not," I answered.

"Yes, it is!" Hercules exclaimed.

"NO! Water makes things wet. Just like fire isn't burning. It burns things," I threw my arms in the air.

"No, no, no. Something is wet when there is a drop of water on it. And water is stacked on each other. THEREFORE it is WET!"

"But then the water is already wet which cancels out the other wet!" I argued.

"How do you cancel something that is itself!" He said.

"Water isn't wet! Wetness is a property. It's not a- a- well how am I supposed to explain it!"

a few moments later...

"Look, I don't have time to deal with these kinds of problems," Washington sighed.

"But it's a life or death situation!" I exclaimed.

~~~

"AND THE WORLD'S GONNA KNOW YOUR NAME! WHAT'S YOUR NAME MAN?!?!?!" I screamed and pointed to Alex.

"Alexande-"

"LAFAYETTE!" Lafayette screamed as he jumped up onto the table.

And I think that concludes it.

<3