The Story of Tonight

I bathed and dressed in a clean purple dress with flower patterns. I styled my hair as a small ponytail from my top layer and the rest down like the girl in the teal dress I saw earlier in town. A little before eight, I headed to the only tavern in town, which was conveniently only a block away from my house. I could hear the loud laughter and chatter leaking outside of the door into the street. As I entered, I glanced around and spotted Mr. Burr and Mr. Hamilton sitting around a large empty table, besides the two of them. I scanned around for another moment before making my way over.

I suppose John and his friends aren't here yet.

"Miss Y/N," Burr smiled.

Alexander cleared his throat, "Miss Y/N, I never introduced my self. I'm Alexander Hamilton. I'm only 19, but my mind is older! I plan to fight in the war for this country's independence. There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait!" We shook hands.

"Well, Alexander, I plan to fight in the upcoming war, too." I chuckled as the two men raised their eyebrows in surprise.

"Well, good luck to you two for taking a stand. You spit, I'll sit, we'll see where we land." Burr shrugged.

"I'm not throwing my shot," I replied confidently.

Alexander squealed, "AHHHHH, that's what I always say." He waved his hands around excitedly like a fanboy.

I sighed happily, and the three of us continued talking until I heard the tavern door kick open and slam into the wall.

"Aya yo ya yo yo, what time is it?" A male shouted to the people in the tavern. John.

"Showtime!" Two other guys burst in. I assume those are his friends?

"Hey, you two," Burr whispered and tapped Alex and I's shoulders. He pointed to John and the two others. "This is what I was talking about earlier."

John spotted me, and the three of them screamed 'showtime' twice again before they took a seat at our table. 

 Everyone in the bar stared and watched the show that was about to unfold.

"Ayo, I'm John Laurens in the place to be. A' two pints o' Sam Adams, but I'm working on three!"

"Ha!" His friends replied as they continued banging their fists on the table to the melody?

"Those redcoats don't want it with me 'cause I'll 'pop chicka plahp' these cops 'till I'm free," John finished his "introduction."

Were those weird sounds supposed to imitate gunshots?

John laughed and took a seat across the table from me.

His tall friend with his hair up in a bun stood and danced. He started his turn, "Eh oui oui, mon ami, Je m'appelle Lafayette."

He must be French.

Oh dang... he just winked at me. Classic Frenchman.

I grinned at him.

Lafayette continued, "The Lancelot of the revolutionary set. I came from afar just to say 'Bonsoir.' Tell the king 'casse-toi.' Who's the best? C'est moi." He took a cute little bow and slid in the seat to my left. He side glanced at me and smirked.

Lastly, the one in the forest green beanie took his turn and waved his hands in the air.

"Brrah, brrah, I am Hercules Mulligan. Up in it, lovin' it, yes, I heard your mother say 'come again,'" he said to no one in particular.