The Ten Duel Commandments

Trigger warning: the stuff that goes on in a duel..., mentions and use of weapons, injuries

I'd say the TWs apply to this entire chapter

I woke up early - thank goodness.

If only there were some kind of device to wake you up at a set time. 

I picked up Alexander's watch that was still on the ground from when he threw it at me. 

9:28

And my duel is at 10—C'est parfait.

...Lee's lazy butt better be up. I can't just find out which tent he sleeps in, sneak in there, and wake him up - he'd probably scream in surprise or just scream at me for waking him up. Or even why I'm in his tent. 

I cautiously slid off of my cot and put my boots on. I made a little noise here and there, but no one stirred. 

I slipped outside the tent and was met with breezy, humid air. My steps were squeaky as I walked across the dewy grass. 

Wait.... Pistols. I need a pistol! 

I don't own one, so where am I supposed to get a pistol?!?!

I let out a frustrated sigh as I made my way back to my tent. My breath was shaky as I knew what I had to do. 

Carefully and quietly, I tiptoed back into my tent. Everyone was still in a deep sleep. 

Thank. God.

I walked over to where John was sleeping. I began silently rummaging through his stuff until I found the pistol he would use for his duel. 

I froze when I heard rustling behind me. I turned my head to see Alex stirring -

Please, oh God, please no.

- but he stopped a moment later.

I took a deep breath before heading back out, trying to keep out of mind what was ahead of me.

I saw Lee and two other men standing in a field area clear of any tents. I watched as he examined the terrain. I wish I could see what was happening in his brain. 

"Lee," I called out as I drew closer to him.

"L/N," he said nonchalantly. "My second - Henry Turner. And Dr. Greene, as you know."

My eyes widened as I realized I don't have a second.

I DON'T have a SECOND.

"Where's your second?" Lee laughed in my face. 

"I'm such a good shot, I don't even need one," I replied cooly, although it would've been nice to have one.

Well, they're really only there to try to stop the dispute, which is something we're not going to do.

"We'll see about that," he rolled his eyes. 

"This duel is going to follow the Ten Duel Commandments," I moved on with it. "If you don't follow all of them, the duel will be labeled as unlawful, and you will face charges for it."

He nodded in agreement.

"Number One: Are you willing to apologize for what you've done? If you do, the duel will end right now," I spoke in a confident tone.

He shook his head, "I have nothing to apologize for."

Well, this duel is most likely going to happen.