Sick LOL (Part 1)

Trigger Warning: Graphic pain and illness (I guess?) There's also a lot of crying.

Applies to the majority of the chapter. *** = start and stop

Also, EXTREMELY CRINGEY. No, like, really. 

If the timeline is confusing to you, the chapter is basically building up to ↓ the first few sentences.

This chapter was inspired by the Little House on the Prairie episode where many people get sick from Anthrax. Although I'm not really matching the symptoms to it... It just gave me an idea for a chapter. I'm still going to call it Anthrax, though. I know, I'm difficult.

Search this up for more info --> https://www.google.com/search?q=anthrax&oq=anthrax&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i433j46i433j0i131i433j0i433l2j0l2.2370j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

Beware, this chapter is the longest yet (2 parts, over 2.5k words each)... so grab something to eat and get comfy!

(~1 year ago~)

I hadn't slept in a week. I was weak; I was awake. Barely eaten or drunk anything, I couldn't keep it down.

Two weeks prior...

"You found it dead?"

"Yep. Easy food!"

"But you know you're not supposed to eat that, right? You don't know what the deer could've died from."

"Eh, it'll be alright. If it had some sort of disease, we'd be able to see signs of it. I mean, look how fat it is!"

"If you say so..."

"I do say so."

Two days later...

I was out bringing buckets of water from the spring to camp. The hot sun was beating down on me, but I took to completely covering myself so that I wouldn't get burned.

These buckets seem heavier than usual.

I arrived at the center of camp for the third time and dropped the water off then sat down for a quick break.

"L/N, get back to work!" One of the captains called out.

Pffttt, it's not like you're doing anything...

"Yes, sir, one minute, please," I responded respectively. 

"Now, L/N! If you can't handle the work, then I will gladfully send you home."

"Sir, I just-"

"What is going on here?" A voice said behind me.

A French voice.

"General Lafayette, sir, I was putting the girl in her place. She was slacking off-"

Lafayette scoffed. "She wasn't slacking off; she was just trying to catch a break from all the hard work she's been doing."

"Hard work? That's hilarious," the captain mumbled.

"Oh, yeah?" Lafayette stepped closer to him and faked sweetness in his voice. "And what've you been doing all day, hmm?"

"The very important job of telling people what to do," the captain sassed.

"Ah, well, as your general, I'm going to do the very important job of telling you to go lead a group of soldiers on a nice little ten-mile run. Have fun!"